n3rd's beginner Hydro Northern Lights & Sensi Kush picture journal

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by n3rds3ks, Aug 11, 2011.

1. This is me at 3 days. I had it in tupperware and it shot up to over an inch and hit the top of the container, did this mess it up? the root is about an inch and a half out the bottom of the rockwool. what do I do now? put it in a ziplock bag? what do I do about the rool not going straight down?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Time to put it in what ever your gonna grow it in that baby is germed.

3. Looks good tome good luck on the grow bro.

4. wanted to update with how my baby looks as of 12pm yesterday
    [​IMG]
    and as of 10am today
    [​IMG]

5. Is thisyour first grow bro if so I'll stick around and help you out if you need it spread the green growing to everyone you know. looking good you'll me amazed howfast she's about to start growing it'll be diff everyday.

6. Looks good! Remember when you add nutrients to add them at 1/4 strength when they fresh little seedlings.

7. yes it is. I got 2 others in pots now. but I am getting a white foam in my reservoir.

here's one of them that looks like she's doing good. the other baby doesn't look so hot but she's getting green so hopefully it makes it.
    [​IMG]

here's the other at 6 days. taken at 1:50pm
    [​IMG]

8. Just add some H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide) and the foam will be done 4.

9. About how much per gallon?

10. Awsome! How much?

11. Depends on the % regular maybe 15-20 MLper gallon food grade a few drops per gallon and make sure no light gets into your rez and you should be ok the film wont do anything really but you dont want it eating any of your very $$ nutes. Make sure youclean your rez when you can 2.

12. #13 n3rds3ks, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2011

Just cleaned it with H2O2, there was a brown ring at the water mark tho so I got that off. light proofed my res and added fresh nutes. hopefully the reflective tape will help get some more light. I ordered 6 42w daylight CFLs and a timer from amazon. anyone got any ideas for a DIY light setup? I guess I can use gutters cut in half as reflectors with the foil tape on them. I bought sockets and stuff today aswell. my biggest plant is Sensi Kush and the other 2 and 1 I have germing is Northern Lights I think by looking at the seeds. had little dark brown/black marks on them. also will 6 42w and 2 26w CFLs be enough? and can someone point my in the direction of the lights I'll need for flowering.

Here are today's pics.
    [​IMG]
    Sensi is getting bigger!
    [​IMG]

Northern Lights
    [​IMG]

something funky is goin on with this one though
    [​IMG]

nvm I fixed it, guess it was a piece of seed left on it.
    [​IMG]

13. #14 Bossvegeta1, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2011
    I made a few of these when I was using cfl's it works great but dont' let the plants get 2 big and you may still need side lighting if you can get a T5 2 foot system if your only growing 3 plants it will be great. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs_QRorECvo]How To Build a CFL Grow Light Fixture - CHEAP! - YouTube[/ame] Keep the CFl's as close as you can wothout burnnig your girls. And keep as much air moving around as you can.

14. what do you mean get too big? I figure I would use the 2 24w cfls I got on now for under tree lighting. I was going by a set up I had saw before I started. I can't find the exact thread anymore but I was going by memory. here is what I have so far. I'd love to get that but unfortunately spent all my cash on CFLs LOL. I have also moved my setup around and the lights are now about 5 inches instead of over a foot. I also was suffering from a lot of loss of light because I can't afford a grow tent. so I made a make shift surrounding using a reflector for a windshield. but that basically cuts off any wind from my fan I have in my room so idk what to do.

Here is the setup for my lights
    [​IMG]

my rig lol
    [​IMG]

Sensi Kush
    [​IMG]

Northern Lights
    [​IMG]
    :hello:

15. It's uncanny how much your first grow looks like our first grow. I think those are the exact same light fixtures, and the same large blue tub with multiple cups. Eerie. Anyhow, keep up the good work. One tip, we found that multiple plants in the same tub can lead to problems if you have to take out any males. On our first grow we had four plants, but two ended up being male, as a result they had to be removed. The problem was that the roots were all tangled together, we ended up with roots from the males rotting in the tub. This resulted in an early harvest, which was not a desirable outcome. Just something to think about.

16. #17 n3rds3ks, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2011
    It really does. what a bummer though :[!! I never thought of that. I don't think any of my seeds are feminized cause I'm a cheapo. guess I skimped on the one thing that really mattered.... Is there something I can build to seperate the roots in the reservoir? I hate how I have to wait so long to find out. but what did you use as a reflector on your light fixture? I have an old piece of roofing tin that I was gonna put foil tape under and screw it to the top. idk if that will work welll or not. how'd your lights work all in all?

http://www.marijuana-seeds.nl/premium_marijuana_seeds.html this is the pack I got. they're not feminized. I guess it will be a good learning experience for my first grow but I hate to waste so much nutrients on possibly all male plants. would be my luck. this stuff costs a lot!

I got these nutes; http://www.discount-hydro.com/products/Technaflora-B.C-Recipe-for-Success-Starter-Kit.html

is this going to be enough for 4 plants?

And I just got my sprout out that was germing. idk wtf happened but the root is coming out of the top!!! and I can't find the seed shell I didn't want to disturb it too much is that okay?

17. #19 n3rds3ks, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2011
    I am having problems with my Ph being on the high side of 6.8 so I just ordered a quart of Technaflora Ph Down

18. Maybe making your nute soup 2 strong dail it back a little what type of water are you using?