N2P2K's Crack Weed GJ

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by NtothePtotheK, Feb 2, 2004.

1. I went to go back and take a closer look at the mushroom to try and identify it on http://www.agarics.org/ - and this is what I found. Didn't touch it. Didn't do anything but rotate the pots just prior to discovering it. It must have popped up during the dark cycle and the light cycle has only been on for about 4 1/2 hours. Oh well, that was the most excitement I've had with my plants in a little while :p

Attached Files:

2. I think that's another matter of preference... although your hands are always teeming with bacteria, so is your plant and your soil. That's what immune systems are for. If you're paranoid you can wash them :)

And we all know that breaking a couple lesser roots doesn't do much harm to a healthy plant, they die and regrow all the time anyway.

Actually I don't do it on a regular basis, only if I'm not really sure when I last watered.... They also have things you can buy at the garden store and stick down into the pot which tells you when it needs rewatering. I am curious to try those some day.

3. i had one growing in my last grow.. it set my shroom came out black.. it die once the sun hit it tho...

4. I may know something about growing green plants, but I know nothing about fungus or mushrooms (except what psilocybin / psilocin does to you ;))

Yeah, I freaked out over nothing. Oh well.

edit: fungus wiped out my first indoor grow early on - but i knew nothing about hydroponics anyway so it was a disaster waiting to happen. After that I decided to educate myself and hence, many months later, I am the N2P2K you all know today (and obviously not using hydroponics on this grow) ;)

5. HIGH All, no don't but it...best way to tell if your plants need watering is by doing the lift test. Pick your pot up and if it's heavy don't water...if it's light water away...it's one of the best ways to tell.

6. HIGH All, try watering with less and see what happens...5l pots should go a couple of days without watering for sure.
    How hot is it in your room?

7. oh man it's getting stinky in this room :p hehe

8. Today I found some insects living in the soil which fly around if I tap the pot and they shake loose from the sides and surface. They look and fly very much like fruit flies. Tiny black specks, fly in short distances erratically...

So I guess my question is, do fruit flies like MJ, and if not, what else are similar that DO?

9. I think both probably came from whatever forest was mashed up into little bits and put into my bags of soil. Regardless of where the "flies" came from (whatever they are) I think they were attracted to the fish emulsion + kelp rather than the plants themselves. They don't seem to be hanging out ON my plants.. yet. Probably laying eggs in my wet fishy soil. That stuff smells bad =( I guess I'll use the miracle gro only for a couple weeks and see if they seek greener pastures... so to speak.

10. Too small to take pics.. sorry bob

Thanks very much for the info imperialgodfly! I may order some pest control predators. I don't want to really spray anything. The mushroom is long dead but a couple others have popped up to say hello and died promptly after the dark period, in that particular pot.

Yeesh.

Predatory mites here I come!

11. I found some old pictures i took with my cheap camera early in this grow. Crack weed is in the bottles. Mystery plant is the big one. Impossible to see, but I planted some when they were showing tips and some when they were fully germinated and completely out of their husks, so the ones in the bottles with the lids are sprouted. I added a lid for each one that broke the soil and for about a week, only misted them.

Anyway just thought I'd throw them in.. better late than never.

edit: I just edited a WHOLE bunch of this message because I'd forgotten and didn't know what I was talking about. + stoned :smoke: hehe

Attached Files:

12. ...60 seconds

Attached Files:

13. .lkjhg.y,uf

Attached Files:

14. one more... if I find more I'll post them. Too bad these weren't taken a week later....

Attached Files:

15. Those pics are dated December 07, by the way (it is February 24th as of this post). Earlier than I thought. Time flies when you're... no... no it doesn't. :p

16. HIGH All, *LOL* we could only wish eh n2p2k...waiting for the girls to grow up seems like time slows down *LOL*.

17. :)

I spent all my money I had been saving for an HID out of necessity.

So I was talking to a friend of mine today who I don't see too often, and he used to grow. He's offered to give me an HID fixture.

He doesn't know what kind it is, but he used to use it and says it works well. It has a dome reflector, burns the lamp vertically, it takes mogul-base, straight long cylindrical bulbs, which cost about $12 USD at a grow shop. The only thing that I found particularly strange was that he says, the fixture has no ballast (or atleast no obvious ballast) and plugs right into the wall. The bulbs have no integrated ballast either. He insists it works and he's used it in the past. So I can't figure out if it's really an HID or not. I'll let you know when I get it and find out more. In the mean time, any guesses?

A friend of this friend also grows (currently) and just got a bunch of mylar through his job, so he's going to try and get me some of that too.

This is the answer to my prayers! I was really getting worried about insufficient lighting and not being able to afford a 250 or 400 watt complete HPS.

18. Oh I don't have it yet, but I will definitely post a photo when I get it. Hopefully I will be able to tell when I see it at hand (it has no bulb at the moment)

19. Proper habitat indeed! Look who showed up to take care of the gnats (barely visible, she's the white blurry thing):

Attached Files:

20. Unfortunately the camera's viewfinder is terribly inaccurate when taking closeups, so the spider wasn't even in half the pictures I attempted to take. It also kept running around. :p

A better shot (upper right corner):

Attached Files: