N2P2K's Crack Weed GJ

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by NtothePtotheK, Feb 2, 2004.

1. of main grow area

Attached Files:

2. This plant lost its top by accident and freaked out. Now it has 2 main grow tips instead of 1. Obviously also nute problems. Should be interesting to see where this goes now that I'm fixing the problems and it has a new container.

Attached Files:

3. This would have been a great picture if I didn't have to color adjust it and the lights didn't cause some of the leaves to look whitish (which they are not at all). Stems are purple from N deficiency due to small containers and bad pH before. This will sort itself out in new soil/container with normal feeding. I like how bushy the nodes are, barely any stems at all. They will grow out nicely (disregard flowers, ALL plants are in Veg right now). I am starting to think, though somewhat stressful on the plants, flowering [to sex] for 2 weeks causes the plant to do all sorts of desirable things when you throw it back in Veg (mostly shorter internodal spaces). Also noticed some of the plants alternating nodes. These are almost mature enough to produce the best yield (assuming I fix all nutrient probs before the 2nd month of flowering).

Attached Files:

4. Smallest (but not bushiest) of the crack weed group. By the way, all pics on this page (except the main grow area one - crack weed to the left, mystery plant to the right) are of various crack weed plants. The mystery plant is doing fine and there's nothing new to show at the moment.

The thing that disturbs me about this plant is, unlike the picture above, the leaves actually ARE the color they appear to be in the picture. Not yellowish, WHITISH. WTF? Ok, I know that's a symptom of SOMETHING but I haven't exactly memorized every nutrient problem yet so I guess I'll have to go back and look that one up. It's getting plenty of light, not too much or too little water, recently re-potted, so maybe it will sort itself out (and maybe not).

Attached Files:

5. I also forgot to mention that the plant above was in a 32 oz soda bottle, and moved to a 2 liter bottle cut near the top. The rest of the crack weed plants were in 2 liter bottles cut near the bottom, and moved to 1 1/4 gal. pots.

Here is the 2nd smallest, but bushiest plant I have. Sorry about orientation, the limits are 800x600 and 600x800 is not allowed :(

I expect this plant, compared to any other crack weed plants, will be the bushiest if they were all vegged to the same height without any training. In other words, good genetics ;) We'll have to see how good the flowers it produces are, but from the early flowers from sexing, I can already tell the crack weed produces way more white hairs than the mystery plant.

Attached Files:

6. Going to take a nap soon, just wanted to log the following in the journal:

Broke down and bought a timer today. Will put the plants on 18/6 tonight. Will keep them there until I am satisfied with health of plants and growth of new nodes. Then the real fun begins, 12/12.... getting closer every day... :) Will be a nice little personal stash. Too bad all of you who have helped can't sample the final product, for I would gladly extend the invitation if it were possible ;)

7. okay went back and re-read your post. i think i learned a thing or 2 concerning my current clone grow. i ended up using mostly acidic mediums to help with my gro. i dont know why i was thinking spaghum peat moss would help lower the pH (it does so there should have not been any thinkin there), but it added along with composted manure and cactus soil may have given me an acidic mix. i didnt use anything to buffer my soil, and then i added salt based ferts throughout the gro. im checking the ph today, for the first time, and im thinking my pH may be really low. shit i cant believe i would end up using pH again in my life, you just cant skate by without it! damn my chemisty proffesor!

8. hahaha Me neither, my friend, me neither.

9. I still only have the flourescent, though... I may not have the HID for another couple weeks. I guess I will start them off and hope for the best! I'm thinking the big plant is going to be out of control if I let it veg any longer!!

It's one of the signs of sexual maturity, and such a plant will produce a bigger yield than an immature plant forced to flower early.

10. HIGH All, nice grow N2P2K..glad to see your checking the PH. Can't wait to see your girls under the big light.

11. Thanks :) Me neither!

12. The one in there right now is a 4 foot shop light with 2 Verilux 40watt tubes (operating at 32 watts apiece, it's a cheap shop light with a cheap ballast) but it's still pretty damn bright for flouros. The only thing brighter I've seen would be Agrosuns in a full-wattage (T-12) fixture. I have some flowering bulbs for it too, but they aren't intense enough to saturate down to the bottom, so I will have to flower with the veg lights until I get a couple HPSs.

Yes, I said a couple. I'm going with 2x150watts, 32000 lumens altogether.. compared to 28000 for a single 250 watt or about 50000 lumens for a 400w.. but about 2/3 the price of either.

I am also going to aim them from different angles for the best coverage... it should be sufficient for the grow space I have and even if it's not optimal it's WAY better than the flouros (and more affordable for me). :)

13. will you ever invest in a 400? its so so sweet :) it looks though if your friends donate a buck or 2 for a bud or 2 you may beable, but the 150 idea to beable to aim them in different directions also sounds beneficial. have you thought to scrog? (its become my favorite question lol)

14. Perhaps. I don't really think I will need to after this. After all, I never grow a WHOLE lot, and the sun is free :D so for warmer months I don't need em. Maybe a 400w metal halide for vegging next year though.

I assume you mean train my plants? No way! :) Certain things I let mother nature control. I love my plants for who they are.... lol... ok that sounds silly, I know...

Next time they will be better, I've just been learning and learning all the time... but i won't force them to do anything too crazy.

Oh yeah and only a few close friends know. I won't ask for money or sell it, I don't believe in it. It should be free. And how do I know the person I sell it to won't turn around and sell it to children? I just can't be responsible for that. No, it's only so i can get high and get my friends high and not buy it on the street and support organized crime. I hope that answers all your questions ;)

15. WTF!!? Where the hell did this come from? I was looking at my ladies today and noticed this:

Attached Files:

16. Now I know that not all fungus are mushrooms but all mushrooms are fungus... so does anybody have any idea what the hell kind of mushroom this is, and if it presents a threat to my plants?? Yeesh! This has to have come in with the soil...

I'll say it again.. YEESH! :( If it's harmless it's kinda cute, but cute aside, I will fungicide the f*** out of it if there's any chance of hostile takeover.

Attached Files:

17. Well whenever the top of the soil starts to look dryish I poke my finger down into the soil and see if it still feels cool or moist, but that soil was new and already moist when I got it. I'm also flowering 12/12 for the past few days so there's plenty of darkness for the spores to incubate.

I agree, it looks like a common mushroom found in the forest, and one of the sources of material in that potting soil is forest compost.

And DAMN bob, you replied fast... I was only waiting a minute or so to post the closeup :p

18. I hate killing things. Do you think it's a threat? If not I will let nature decide whether it lives or dies.

edit: BoB, if it is a threat, I'm sure just pulling it out won't do anything because there are surely more spores. But who knows, maybe it fights other fungus. Maybe it's good. Or maybe it's just cute and I kinda like it. I want to know more before I do anything.

19. Oh yeah one more pic of my plant which I topped. It's secondary nodes are producing some funky fan leaves. This is the same plant which has a new neighbor in its pot (the mushroom) Check it out:

Attached Files:

20. that is why i stick my finger down in the soil before i decide to water again.