Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

n0rthernlights' ABV recipe thread

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by N0rthernLights, Jul 9, 2011.

1. thanks for the recipes will be trying it out in the next week or so. was wondering how is the high with the ABV. never eaten an edible while using less then a half of dank let alone ABV dank.

2. Ye that one in particular looks delicious!! its definitely the next on my list for edibles. I have more then a gram of AVB for sure... Does it affect the texture at all? like is it cunchy from the ABV?

3. Sick recipes sister, does it taste like abv bud? and do you recomend putting a few more grams into one of those dank treats or eating more, all for a better high?

4. High is nice. You're able to use more bud as well...realize that the recipes do use quite a bit of bud too. 5 grams of ABV, for example, is a good amount for 5-6 peanutbutter patties.

5. I'd go with about one gram per pattie. As long as the ABV is finely ground, no worries about the taste or texture. It's a crunchy snack, but mainly because of the graham crackers. :)

6. I mean, sure, if you want to get really baked! Most of the treats I make don't even taste like weed to be honest. It's all about the mixture.

7. What does your ABV look like? I just got a Buddha three days ago for my B-day and am still learning the tricks to it. I vape my bud until i cant get any more smoke out of it. Its normally pretty brown. Is this stuff still okay for cooking these recipes? I have been saving all of it and im probably up to 4 grams now.

8. You can use all kinds of ABV for cooking! ABV colors can vary from very light brown all the way to a dark espresso color. ABV is very toasty and dry.

Not only can you cook with your ABV, but you can make QWISO hash and even smoke it. I just prefer to cook with it.

9. I'm really excited about ABV now... haha. It saddens me to think how much of it I have wasted over the years. Been vaping for along time. +rep for this droolworthy info !
    :smoke: :D

10. It makes me sad to know that people toss their ABV! Good to know that you're saving it now. I'm saving up a bunch for a new recipe, stay tuned.

11. Trying out the reeses recipe tonight! Report back later :yummy:

12. I made one with 2 grams instead of 1 a few days ago, FYI...you're able to do more than 1 if you can handle it. ;)

13. I think I have just over 2 grams, I was just gonna toss that in there and see what happens:hippie:

14. How was your Reese's?

15. Literally just came back to get the recipe, starting 'em now.
    Wish me luck!

16. Welp, gotta pass a drug test next week. :mad:

It's just a cheek swab test though, so nothing crazy. I have to quit for a week though. I'll be back then. Bye guys. :wave:

17. How'd they go, Mo King?

And good luck with the drug test n0rthern

18. so im gettin a mflb soon, will it be cool when I make firecrackers with 2gs of abv and just let them sit for a week or so in aluminium foil in my freezer or a closet instead of heating them?

19. It didn't work :cry:
    I don't know, I feel like I did everything the recipe said, possibly with more bud than called for..
    Well, there's always smoking :smoke:

20. Great write up. Just need to find myself some time to get cooking. ABV edibles score!