n00bie help with lighting right after planting

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cavenug, Dec 4, 2006.

1. this is my first growing endeavor (and its indoors) and i just planted a few seeds. i'm about to cover them with a plastic wrap so as to retain moisture until i see a sprout above the soil. is that how i should be doing it?
    and: at about what point into growing should i start to put the plants on a rigid lighting schedule?

thanks in advance!
    - cavenug

2. I'm guessing that you're using flouros, correct? Now that the sprout has gome above the ground, just leave the lights about 1-2" above the sprout. Leave the lights on for 24 hours a day until you are ready to flower. (You can go with 18 hours a day, and 6 hours of darkness if you so choose...) I don't know all the specs of your grow, so I can't really give much more details, but you don't have to go to a "rigid" schedule till you're ready to flower. Then you will flip to 12 hours of light, 12 hours of darkness (complete darkness!!) until the end of your grow. Good luck man, read up and welcome to Grass City!

3. good aasumption on the lights i'm using. this batch (if it works) is for my personal use so extreme quality and what not is not an issue.
    thanks