n00b questions

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by buttfuckbarbie, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Ahoy all! Long story short, I've lost nearly 100lbs in 2 years with working out at home (WiiFit and EA Sports Active) and changing the way I eat. I'm basically at my goal size, but it looks horrible. Extra skin, wrinkles,... My stomach looks like I've had twins and I've never had children -_- If you've seen the movie Click, yes,.. I have a fat-flap. Everything jiggles with "extra" and I want it gone without surgery.

I just got a gym membership about a month ago and have been going 5-6 times a week. No real method, just some elliptical work (usually 15 min on avg) to get the blood flowing, then I'm usually on every weight-machine the gym has. Set it to whatever weight makes me struggle a little bit and to a set of 10, stop, drop it by 5 or 10lbs, then another set of 10, then drop it again with a rest and another set of 10. Then I move onto whatever else "feels" like it needs work on.

I don't want to do this too much and end up getting results that aren't what I have in mind. I want the extra skin to suck back in and a I want some muscle definition and to lose whatever extra fat that is still lingering. I'm open to anything. Diet changes, supplements, workout routines. I just have no clue where to start to start "workin" it, ya know? Help a sista out!

tl;dr: Women feels like a flying squirrel after weightloss and no clue what to do. Helppp

2. Only surgery or time can get rid of that loose skin, although it could be just fat? I fully recommend you weight lift consistently as well as do cardio, it'll help you look even better.

3. kudos for loosing such a huge amount of weight - it must be life changing. I'm afraid I have no advice about your current issue - i would suggest that you go and see a doctor (Although as you live in the US I'm guessing this will cost you quite a bit) and ask their professional advice. How much difference to your life has loosing the weight made? Apart from what you mentioned, have you noticed any other down sides?

4. It's made an amazing change in my life. Sooooooo much more energy, at work I'm bouncing and running everywhere. It's helped my personality become more positive and also improved my "love life" in terms of quality of experience,... to put it pollitely haha I also hardly get sick compared to before

One big downside is if I run up stairs naked, you can hear the extra skin smacking my legs and my arm-flabs hitting my sides,.... sounds like I have a round of applause following me haha Also, my bones crack and pop moreso than I remember them doing before. it's left my chest kind of a wreck too. Saggy, deflated,... I was a full C at one point,... now I'm a standard B.

I'm not sure if this is a negative, but it's hard to adjust my self-perception to match what it currently is. I've always been big my whole life. Little things about being smaller mess with me. Like, when trying to squeeze between people or things, I can never judge if I can fit or not cuz I always underestimate the area. Or even putting on pants,... I still have issues acknowledging that size 8 can fit. When I hold them up, it looks impossible to wear. Then I slide em on and usually spend a good 15 minutes staring in the mirror cuz it seemed like a magic trick.

5. If your situation was anything like mine i lost friends once i was in better shape then them, everybody treats you differently.

6. I'd assume after time if you strength train and build muscle that skin should tone up. I don't think surgery is the only option.

7. It did, actually. I originally started working out with someone else who was about the same size I was. She didn't actually change her diet or really work out, she just kinda faked it all and never lost anything. Now I'm half her size and I srsly CANNOT speak of my progress or going to the gym AT ALL to her. She'll either blantantly blow it off, or say that she's trying something really retarded to lose weight. Last time, she said she was going to get blood taken to decide what pills she should take -_-
    Now that I'm getting to the same size as everyone else, they're being a lot more "accepting" of me. I almost never speak of my diet or working out with anyone I know cuz they're all overweight and do the whole "well,.. i tried to lose weight but the diet didn't work/dont have the time/i don't eat veggies/its really hard for me" and if I offer advice, they take it as I'm bragging. In reality, I was in the same position they were and I'm trying to help them get out of that rut. But it's whatever. Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't.

8. you're not gonna get much health info on this forum of stoners

try a different site for that :p

trust me

9. If we're talking super excess skin, then only surgery is the true solution.

When skin has been stretched past extreme, it will never be as tight or look quite as good.

However protein, weight lifting, running, and swimming can tighten you up.