N00b Question

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Godspeeed, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Alright so me and about two friends were thinking of chipping in to buy a Bong. Wondering if someone could give me a suggestion to a good one. I don't want the best i just want best bang for buck. The only place we can stash it is in my car. Pretty big and awesome stash place but I am sure cops would find it like nothing.

But my question is would it make the whole car smell if i just store it there.

2. A price range is always helpful. What size are you looking for? And maybe your location too?

Bongs don't tend to smell too much. Just make sure the bowl is cleared and dump the water. And if you're really concerned about smell, clean it after every use (which is a good idea anyways to protect your investment and give the best hits for every session).

3. Max would be $100. And yeah i plant to clean it every time with Alcohol Salt and Sea Salt. And I live in Miami Florida.

4. ur spending $100 on a bong for three ppl?

at least get one thats 150-200 itll be worth it.

the bong wont make ur car smell but wherever ur keeping it like a bag or whatever will smell a lot. bong water residue is gross and smelly

5. My bad its actually two people but still I don't want to really spend that much.

6. its not worth it to get a 100 bong, it will be fragile and especially since you are storing it your car i know you will break it..... get a nice bubbler instead.

7. i'd just get an acrylic if you have 100 max and you're going to be storing it in your car. you're going to break a glass one if you store it in your car most likely, an acrylic you can just throw in the trunk and put it under some stuff without worrying about breaking it

8. agreed

9. Is Acrylic plastic? I dunno what would be the disadvantages of getting an Acrylic over a glass one.

I plan to keep the glass bong in a bag with some towels wrapped around it.

10. Yes, acrylic is plastic. The advantage of it is that it will be far less money. You can get one for $20. Also, you won't have to worry about it breaking as you will it will move around quite a bit in your car. Until you have a better place to store it, stick with the acrylic. Further, as you claim to be a "n00b," you likely will not find much of a difference between it and a glass piece. Anyhow, in your position, as a stopgap, I'd go with the acrylic; you'll have more money to spend on bud.

11. Holy shit $20? Lol damn with the money i save thats a lot of weed.

12. also you always have to store the bong dry to put it in your car, a dry piece would probably be easier

13. #13 whitehippo, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2009
    I carried around my zong in my car (trunk), carefully stored and it still cracked, but to think about it it was kinda dumb to leave it my trunk while i drove like a maniac. Id suggest you get a nice gym bag looking stash for it and wrap it in some towels and make sure it can't bounce. I would just head down to a shop and try to hassle the price down on a nice straight bong, since you prolly wont have it for too long, or just go acrylic.

14. Yeah I think I'm going acrylic but all the bongs i find online are tiny. Any suggestions for a medium sized one.

15. What size are you looking for? This very site has some also check out EDIT, their prices seem to be lower. But, why buy it online, just go to your local head shop, then you avoid shipping (time and expense).

16. Just wanted to see websites to see the price i would expect at my local head shop. Lol if I ordered it online my mom being nosy would open the package.

17. Kinda dumb to keep it in your car, possiability of it breaking it would be very high:smoking: