N00B Auto Grow - Dr90 + G8Led 240W

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by meowmeow91, Jun 18, 2014.

1. #1 meowmeow91, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2014
    Hey fellow blades! long time lurker first time poster... Finally taken the plunge and got myself some gear and now I'm going to share this exciting journey!

I have the following...

Secret Jardin DR90 (3x3x6')
    G8 Led 240w grow light.
    G8 Led 90w UFO red booster.

I still need to get an exhaust fan, a filter and nutes.

For the fan I have found what I think would be suitable. 150mm inline fan, 198m3/h (approx 115cfm) and only 40w!

I plan on using a soil/perlite mix and after doing a bit of research have decided on using 11L / 3 gal pots.

or should I use 20L /5-6 gal pots?

Anyway I'm gonna go with 4 in the 3x3 tent as I feel that should be a good starting base to scrog without giving myself too much to worry about.

The only thing I'm really hesitant about is the LST! Any advice on that would be much appreciated :D

all feedback / criticism / suggestions welcome. always open to expanding my knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 jonny.blaze/420, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2014
    Hello and welcome...

You should be fine with that fan... no probs there.

If you can afford it you definitely can't go wrong adding some 6500K fluorescent light into the mix... It is just SO great for vegging, just take a look at my babies in my profile pic, that was less than 4 weeks from planting. I love LED for flowering (at least the one I have as they are all different ya know). There will be people that say you have to go buy an HID to get any good bud. Trust in science and the rules of photosynthesis (what light gets absorbed and at what rate) if your LED is tuned into the correct ratios of the spectrum you will do awesome.

For pot size you should decide how high you want your finished plant and then go 1 gal/ft of height. To calculate that for a scrog you have to measure from base of medium to the screen, then measure from the center of the area a plant will fill to the outside edge of the screen, and then add in your finishing height (12-14" colas above the screen if conditions are optimal), then add those 3 numbers together for finished height. Based off your measurements each plant would cover a 1.5ft x 1.5ft square and the measurement from the middle of that square to the furthest most edge of the screen should be about 12.5 inches. You don't want to have the screen much more than 8-10" from the base of the medium. Add in the height of the buds and you are at about 3 ft finishing height = 3 gal is good to go.

Don't be afraid to LST... the plants love it! Whenever I move my tips over to the next square there is always a burst of growth back into the space I opened! Don't be afraid of more aggressive training either otherwise you will spend a very long time filling that screen. Once my plants were on their 4-5 node I FIM (partial topping that grows into up to 8 tops) and then I tie them over at the same time. Check out my grow journal if you want to see how I do it... link is below.

3. #3 meowmeow91, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2014
    wow thanks for the reply!

some supplemental cfl is easy done! I'll look into that some more.

as for the leds I did research before making any purchases and have seen some results from the lights I purchased so I am happy to be growing green :) I like trying new things, and from what I can tell LEDs produce some nice sticky buds :D

thanks for the little lesson on pot size, that will come in handy!

I'm growing auto strains for the first few runs so I'm a bit limited in size but good to know I wasn't too far off the ball ;)

and I guess I'm going to give lst a shot! I'll just keep my fellow blades updated as I go to make sure I get the training down pat!

thanks again! I'm getting super excited ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403328464.393543.jpg

Strains are Pineapple Express, Anaesthesia, Northern Lights & Afghan Kush Ryder... Which ones do I run first?!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1312645-N00B-Auto-Grow---Dr90-%2B-G8Led-240W/page__view__findpost__p__20181445

4. I have a afghan kush Ryder going at the moment. She sprouted on 5/28. I lst and scrog them. She is absolutely full of bud sites. I never ever top a autoflower. They just don't have time to recover. This plant self topped on some of the shoots that became "tops" if you have any questions let me know! Here's a few pics of her and the rest of what's in my cab ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403335785.478880.jpg a few days ago
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403335808.944739.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403335821.331828.jpg

And here is a few from today ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403335858.299834.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403335884.101067.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403335917.203871.jpg

5. Yeah I have to say this plant grows like a weed man!! Very aggressive. It makes it fun to have to lst almost everyday