N over nuted damage

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by itsme420, Nov 23, 2010.

1. #1 itsme420, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2010
    I over nuted my babies and have curled leaves, I am down to 400 ppm and I think things are looking better.....

DO I cut off the old curled leaves or leave (Ha Ha ) them there?:mad:

The only ones affected are the White Widows,,,, they are apparently N sensitive.

2. How old? Soil? PH of water and runoff?

Pictures?

babies as in seedlings? (Shouldnt have to nute them.)

If over nuted i believe you need to flush the container or it will remain to die.

3. Yes we are going to do that today//// this am. Flush that is.
    Hydro BB with recirc res.
    PH 5.9
    PPM 413
    EC ??? Buying the meter today.

But do I cut off the affected leaves ???

4. I dont know too much about hydro systems, but would you give it PH'd clean fresh water to cycle through for a day or two until it recovers then perhaps feed some nutes?

I was told by local shop guy that when using a res to recycle the water, sometimes the nutes actually get stronger or only a lil is used, then when the grower casually re-feeds, there actually increasing it by far to much (Someone confirm) - i gather this is why you are grabbing your EC meter?

Sorry to ask a question in your thread, might as well while its on topic lol

5. I dont know too much about hydro systems, but would you give it PH'd clean fresh water to cycle through for a day or two until it recovers then perhaps feed some nutes?

Yes that is what we are doing today and will buy the meter today and start adding in tomorrow.

I was told by local shop guy that when using a res to recycle the water, sometimes the nutes actually get stronger or only a lil is used, then when the grower casually re-feeds, there actually increasing it by far to much (Someone confirm) - i gather this is why you are grabbing your EC meter?

Yes, Exactly what I am getting it for. I just read about it last night... [​IMG] thanks to all the great contributors here.

Sorry to ask a question in your thread, might as well while its on topic lol

No apologies needed [​IMG]