N. Korea and S. Korea trade artillery fire (again)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dawnofwar, Aug 10, 2011.

1. NK has nukes. If a war erupted you think they'd fuck around? heda derp yourself. All westerners need to just humble themselves the fuck up....

2. They have nukes but didn't their test ICBM's fail horribly>

3. In case you guys didn't know, North Korea and South Korea are at war.

And that's what they do during wars.

Fire artillery... send in death squads... stuff like that...

4. how did N. Korea end up with nukes anyway? :confused: their country is so blatantly misguided, i just can't seem to wrap my head around the idea of them accomplishing anything near the level of developing wmds.

5. well Rumsfeld was a non-executive director of ABB which had a 200 mill contract to supply components for nuclear reactors in north korea.

6. Everything aside, I think the fact that we discovered this death squad so quickly should speak for itself as to how badly we would ear rape them.

I mean isn't NK essentially behind a colloquial iron curtain? It's been described as "an intelligence black hole".

But they send in a beyond top secret death squad and were just like oh hey are you those guys?

Yea they haven't moved past the fifties.
    We have.

7. i dont think china would be to happy if we just nuked a country bordering them.

8. Why are we even talking about US vs North Korea? America could not afford to get involved with that shit storm unless they started nuking which in that case i think everyone around them would do something.

9. Small but important note, the KOREAN WAR IS NOT OVER!... We signed a temporary cease fire but there has never been a negotiated peace agreement signed, that is why the the DPRK still shoots at the ROK to this day..

10. I don't even think the North has the technology to harm the US, well they can harm the soldiers stationed their but not US homeland.

11. you're right they can't reach the u.s mainland. They can, however, reach japan and south korea with their nukes. They just tested new missiles ballistic missiles whatever that can reach our west coast.

oh and don't forget that guam. Their nukes can reach that. North Korean military0. is very well trained. Yes so they don't have the newest technology (that's helped america in afghanistan and iraq SO MUCH, right?) BUt they have 10 yrs of training, EVERY MALE. and 7 years for the females. Plus, it's their terrain. North Korea is not a fucking desert like Iraq. Mountains and all that shit come in to play. Come on, look at how well the Afghanistan conflict is going and they're dealing with a bunch of guys with ak 47s (still the best assault rifle ever created) and rpgs running around caves and mountains shooting down fucking choppers (not trying to be insensitive, just stating fact).

So yea, i say good luck. U.s. isn't financially in the shitter already, lets tack on another war that you won't win. Yup, that sounds pretty damn american to me.

12. ^^ fighting insurgents is pretty fucking hard considering they can hide anywhere and our ROE are pretty fucking stupid. That's why we are having such a hard time i mean we rolled our way straight to sadaam. If someone attacked us here under the same rules i think our civi's would put up one hell of a fight since many of us own guns especially in the midwest out to oregon/washington.

If it came down to a all out invasion by the north koreans i think we'd have no problem spotting them and i don't think we'd have a nice gentle hand in our defense of our country i mean look what happened to japan. America hasn't been in a full on war since WWII that's why we aren't out kicking ass is because of the rules we have to play by to be correct in the view of the UN/other countries.

13. If we were seriously threatening North Korea, China would be on our ass before we could do anything, and Russia would probably join them. China made it clear last time that they don't want us fucking with the communist state that borders them.

14. If it comes to a conventional war, we will win hands down. We have a superior air force and navy along with way better technology then N. Korea. Unconventional wars however, we'll get owned, its kind of hard to shoot the enemy when you don't know who the enemy is. Just look at Vietnam and obviously Afghanistan.

15. Most countries could beat N. Korea. They have a military, but it's technology is old, and even the people who are in the military are going through famine issues. They nukes can't reach the US or Canada.

16. i really wouldn't say that. NK's songun "Military-first" policies funnel all it's first hand resources straight into their army. granted, their equipment is a few versions outdated, but that doesn't really change the fact that about 1/10 citizens are active soldiers. the famines you speak of are prevalent mostly through the northern foothills. most of the army gets fed FIRST, then the citizens.

saying 'most countries could beat N Korea' is greatly underestimating a very powerful nation.

17. I don't know where you heard that from. N. Korea's strength lies in its allies and neighbors.

The U.S.A. Navy, as much as I hate to admit it, would destroy N. Korea's Navy in a matter of weeks, and from there on out it's bomb, shell, invade, repeat until victory. Or until an ally steps in, as did in the first Korean War (which technically never ended).

18. what do you mean you don't know where i got it from?

no doubt the US navy could destroy the DPRK, most likely in less than a week- but that wasn't the statement i was responding to. however, what i was trying to relay, was that north korea should not be underestimated.

so what did you not know where i got what from?

19. You do make some good points. In war, the side with the greater technology will generally win. North Korea isn't that powerful at all compared to other nations. Their strength lies with it's ally China. Canada, China, Russia, the UK, etc... the main contenders in a war, could easily wipe out North Korea. Even though N. Korea has nukes, they don't have the technology to send it anywhere else. If they did launch their nukes, it would be at South Korea. On it's own, they are a very weak nation, riddled with economically problems, among their many other problems.