Mythbusters

Discussion in 'General' started by Anony, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Last night, there was an episode of mythbusters, where they hooked up a house plant to a lie detector machine to see if they could get reaction readings from talking to it, staring at it, abusing it, ect. At one point, it looked like the plant responded at every interval where they did something to it.
    Did anyonelse see this episode?

2. Yea it was a good episode.

3. find the vid online!

4. Dude, that show is cool as hell. its great cuz when your high your just like ooooh yeaaa thatsss what reallllly happens haha, anyway i wanna see the episode! :D

5. <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dUWNFysikeU"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dUWNFysikeU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

All I could find...

6. Yea, that was a good part of it, thanks for finding that video as I couldnt find one. They even tested its reactions inside of a sealed container, and it would still react, but definitly less of a reaction as if it felt safer inside the container with danger at a distance. Awesome stuff!

7. ahh thats crazy!

i kinda feel bad for mowing my lawn now seeing as they can feel pain :eek:

8. I made fun of one of my friends for putting a radio in his grow room for the ladies, but now I think maybe it wasnt a bad idea.

9. man, I have that same plant- its a massangeana cane if you were wondering

10. I shall never eat another carrot again!!!!! lol

I'd like to know what a veggie's take is on this...If this is legit it kind of blows the whole "meat is murder" argument...

11. saw it... it was a good episode... i love that show.

edit: they need to do an episode on the greenery... bust some of them myths on the green goodness.

12. By becoming stoners for life and not going crazy or losing their show!!!
    I bet they'd be awesome to blaze with. They could build the most pointlessly complicated bong ever! So much fun to be had...

13. I saw it while blazing, i dunno what 2 believe

14. Yeah i love mythbusters
    i dunno why but i love watching discovery when im baked

15. But later in the episode they said that the lie detector might have been falsely triggered by the movement inside the room so later they had one guy stand outside the room and just think about bad things happening to the plant and it triggered the lie detector to go off :eek:

16. I'd love to have a lie detector in a grow room during harvest time. Hooked up to the last plant in the row and let it watch it's sisters die...closer...and closer.

17. same here... alot of interesting shit plays on that channel...

18. For sure, discovery channel rocks! Glad I wasnt the only one to see this episode!

19. Hell na man, I love that show. I've probably seen every episode. :hello:

20. There is no way a plant has mind reading abilities. For something to feel pain it needs nerves without nerves no pain. I didn't see where the electrodes were hooked up but I'm guessing that the polygraph went nuts when they hit it with the fire extinguisher simply based on the cold air hitting it. It would contract the cells so drastically that it would send a literal shock wave through the plant (I know nothing about what I'm talking about though, truth be told). I'd have to see the episode to try and debunk the mind reading plants dealy though.