Myth or Fact...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by FLgrowMan, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Is it a myth that your plant should be yellowing with leaves falling off when its mature and ready for harvest I only ask because some of the best plant Ive seen have been still lush and green when they are harvested...

2. I say lush and green, but some people like to really back off the nitrogen early because it can affect the taste.

3. Of course if you keep pumping N into your plant throughout the whole grow, your plant will for the most part stay green. Some older leaves will still die no matter what. But N does affect the end result as far as taste goes.

4. So my bud could be full mature in my hydro setup without the whole plant being yellow or dieing....Im using BC nutes if that helps..

5. From my experience yes buds can be done while plant is still green

6. The plant doesn't have to be yellowing, but most should be expected to go that way because your have cut back on nitrogen and, particularly with a final flush, you are trying to force the plant to draw down its internal storehouse. Also keep in mind that some growers clip a leaf at the first sign of wilting/yellowing, so it looks all green because the yellow has been purged.

7. [quote name='"toastybiz"']The plant doesn't have to be yellowing, but most should be expected to go that way because your have cut back on nitrogen and, particularly with a final flush, you are trying to force the plant to draw down its internal storehouse. Also keep in mind that some growers clip a leaf at the first sign of wilting/yellowing, so it looks all green because the yellow has been purged.[/quote]

Good point. I do that. I hate having yellow dead leaves on my plants.

8. Yup, what they said....
    If you keep pumping the nitrogen to it you can even re-veg the plant after harvest, as long as you left enough vegetative matter on the plant for it to regenerate. But in the natural cycle of things, they will yellow.