Mysterious Dwc Root problem

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by herbalthumb, Aug 26, 2021.

1. How's it bakin yall.

So this is new to me obviously. I've done multiple rez changes and it won't clean up or go away. The roots arnt slimy and their staind brown from the nutes. I don't really know how to describe the texture of the material on the roots. The only negative affect on the plant it self I can see is the slight yellowing of the leaves and just how dormant it is. She's growing very very slowly.

I'm running week 3 FF nutes at a ph between 5.7 and 6.2. My rez temp fluctuates with the the light schedule with a low of 68 and a high of 70.

I've had multiple harvests in this same setup and never had any issues until now.

Thanks for any and all help. 20210826_150301.jpg 20210826_150336.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Try some clorox.\
    I use it daily in DWC, 2 drops per gallon per day.
    I'd give them a double dose for a couple days and see what happens.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Would that do anything to the current nutes in there now?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. No, it will change ppm only slightly

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've been where your at with a few of my plants. Basically the roots are not in very good health and that's why they look brownish and limp.
    I've had plants like this limp to the finish line and get a ok harvest to complete die off with slowly worsening leaves until most fall off. Best hope is you can correct whatever issue is happening and then the plant can grow new roots and the existing rootball might kind of clean itself up a bit. It wont get nice and crispy and white like when it was healthy.
    I've had this happen from anything from light leaks, high water temps for a few days, power outage.

What does the plant look like now?

6. To correct root rot you can use bacteria(life) or chemicals(sterile).

I would suggest ordering a bottle of hydroguard. The bacteria in it love to eat root rot (fungi pythium). You can go sterile but since no one has told you that yet, and I'm not familiar with sterile systems I suggest hydroguard.

Also keep your roots fully submerged when running bacteria, it allows them to build a colony in your root mass.

I use to have your problem, hydroguard fixed it for me. Good luck man.

Heres what my roots look like in 70f thanks to hydroguard. It's expensive, but it promotes new root growth and allows your roots to always accept available Screenshot_20210923-132128.png nutrients.