Mysterious bird?????

Discussion in 'General' started by Syed Mohan, Nov 16, 2016.

1. In our place( bangladesh, sylhet) theres a bird that make a noise wuuuu or quuuuu and then pause for 6/7 secs then again. Everytime its once. People here say its a bad omen bird but not a single person know what bird it is. It sounds only from dusk to night. So can't be seen.I will try to record it but its hard.

2. Is it an owl? Those have been known to be birds that are an omen. Sometimes I hear one perched on my fence at 3 in the morning and it gives me chills because it feels like I'm being watched and it's like the bird is trying to communicate to me idk. I've also heard of people associating owls with supernatural events as well as alien or ufo sightings. Make of that what you will.

3. It's that weird bird from the Disney movie Up

5. I have the recording at last after 3 years. It was quite tough to do so. I can mail it cause i don't knw how to upload it from iphone. Thnx for reply and i really want others to hear it.

6. Most likely a Shalik (Indian Myna) they are bad luck especially in pairs. I don't know about the calls they make though

7. I have the recording now in my iphone but don't knw how to post it. But i can mail it.

8. I am sure its not owl cause ive heard owl sound in internet - almost all types.

9. Its not shalik or myna or any known and familiar indigenous bird like this. I have reared shalik many times. Its a wild dark loving winter bird for sure.

10. No its not himalayan monal pheasant. I knw its sound. I knw several birds sound but its one not knwn by anyone. And thats why im bit interested. I am wild bird lover.

• Like Like x 1