mylar vs reflective tape?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MiracleBud, Jan 3, 2009.

1. im growin in a 4ft tall and 3 foot wide and deep box.... which is the best choice... and for the reflective tape does it matter if it has words on it....

and should it say metallic repair tape on it or should it say duct tape?

Miracle
    :smoke:

2. Mylar is by far better for reflectiveness,tape is just foil and the shiny side at that which is not recommended.

White titanium paint is second to mylar while foil tape is last and words and duct just decrease any reflective properties.;)

3. and what do i ask for when i go to the store.... because i looked up mylar on google and it says thats a brand

Miracle:hello:

4. Google mylar film,if thats what you want.
    You may have trouble finding this product in a store unless its a hydro store.:rolleyes:

5. A bright flat white paint will do you just fine for now,save yourself some work and use it on other grow related things which you need to start the process now.;)

6. Go to a camping/outdoor store and ask for a space blanket, or emergency blanket. Even general hardware stores sell these. Call around.

Here's one at REI: http://www.rei.com/product/750939

7. ^ Yup, Dirt cheap too.

8. Thanks alot for that link!!

In the mean time im going to use the back of some wrapping paper :)

Thanks again

Miracle
    :)

9. awesome, thanks for the link bro, just saved me some money:hello:

10. Bought those reflective blanket at one time. Light show through them, and that equals loss of light. similar to how a mirror absorbs light and the reason we don't use them. You need real mylar. and stay away from paper. Just go with the flat white paint. Or get real mylar.

11. Yep, these are the poor man's mylar reflectors. And a hell of an improvement over the poor poor man's solution of... aluminum foil. :rolleyes: Panda film would be great, too, if the budget can bear it. Real mylar here...

12. Hey,

GG that was the link i was looking FOR!!!!!! :) bought the ten roll buw will only need like 4x8 :D

Thanks everyone for the input.

Miracle
    :)

13. Yup yup.