Mylar question...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tobymac420, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Ok so i bought my house last year and in the shed was a HUGE 300 foot role of Mylar and I thought in my head I can't wait to grow again. Well now it is time to grow I am gonna be growing Strawberry Haze and Super Silver Haze first since I bought a 10 Seed Variety pack. I was wondering if I should Line the closet with the mylar I found in my shed, The closet is probally 3 feet deep and 8 feet wide and 9 feet tall. I have heard most light is lost in reflection that is why i didn't know if i should hang it our leave it the way it is it is a wood pannel closet. I am gonna be using a 400 Watt Switchable Light and magnetic ballast which i purchased last night. Thanks for all your help you guys.....

Toby Mac
    :smoking::smoking::smoking::hello::hello::hello:

2. Yes, line the walls with mylar or paint them white.

Since you have the mylar already I would recommend doing that.

-C

3. Why not use it,if you got it,it could only do your plant good

4. True that reflected light doesn't add much, by the time the light travels to the wall and then is reflected back it has traveled quite a distance and has dissipated in intensity. Still, you can either use that incremental light or not, as 1of1 said it can only help your plants.