mylar / panda plastic

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by swarmoflocusts, May 26, 2011.

1. Does anyone have any advice or experience with these two? ive used mylar in the past and it worked well but i heard recently that panda plastic worked better.

2. there are alot of factors that make grows better... grow spaces from house to house differ greatly, even in the same town using the same products...

mylar is more reflective than panda... but someone had awesome results and posted that they thought it was better... such is life...

3. I have a DIY panda film grow tent that works nicely. but I'm pretty sure mylar is a bit more reflective.

4. Mylar is slightly more reflective. But you asked which is "better", and reflectivity may not be the only consideration. Panda film is easier to clean and some find it easier to hang.

5. i guess that question wasnt worded very well. when i say better i mean distributes the light more evenly. the only little problem witht the mylar was tiny burns on a few leaves. I'm assuming because it has more texture.

6. You have the best avatar out of every one ive seen on here. :D

7. lol thank you, bubbles is the man.

8. #10 pagger08, May 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2011
    yes its badass n so is the price ! 80 pounds for a 20 mtr sq in uk but shit is the best ! yes n the sealing tape is 20 pounds a roll to boot gulp!

9. What were you using that you are calling mylar? Horticulture-grade mylar usually comes on a roll and has a mirror finish.

10. WTF mate? Seems im totally retarded or smoked my common sense away the last few days. Thanks for the feedback everyone its appreciated. I got the Orca film and well see if it makes a difference.

11. Yeah, that stuff was set up in a hydro shop near me and I was blinded by the light coming outta the tent that it was in. It was a side by side setup of panda, mylar and orca. I was sold immediately. It's the best.

12. I'd like to add another question in here since there seems to be lots of pros in here.

Does the thickness of the panda film matter? I've seen grow shops say theirs is 6mm, but I'm only able to buy 0.5mm thickness where I'm at. Do you think that would work as well? Or would I have to double it up due to transparency issues? It would be used as a wall itself and not taped onto a wall. I plan on building a wooden frame and using it as the walls.

13. if its that thin and you can see light threw it... don't use it as a stand alone wall... light leaks will cause hermies... get some super thin plywood and make some walls... nail it together with a brad nailer... then line the walls with your film