Mycorrhizae

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by The Bunker, Nov 24, 2011.

1. No molesting occurred. You're being dramatic.

2. This wasn't a very disruptive or vicious debate in my opinion. A few were offended and rightly so, but no real harm done... let's just keep the discussion on the thread topic, and avoid name calling or other cheap insults. Keep it civil, let your citations or other evidence speak for itself. Please and thank you to all!

3. WeeDroid, watch more South Park. The word is 'Molerstering'

4. #84 Microbeman, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2012

hmmmm

5. #85 WeeDroid, Jan 2, 2012
    just to help out here. ;) This is all based upon my research I've done here and elsewhere.

Endo mycos generally are for grasses and annuals, Ectos for trees. There seems to be a bit of crossover in the shrub eco systems but i'm unclear on this.

Teaming With Microbes is a great place to start to learn about endos and ectos, wikipedia is a big help as well.

While endos seem to be better for cannabis (it's a grass and annual) ectos are still helpful as they create better soil texture than no mycos. Of course it seems to be the rather rare soil that doesn't have some sort of mycos in it. However, I would still never grow cannabis in heavy wooded areas if I could help it.

Also, again, the plant decides what mycos live in a given area as the root exudates from the plant, attract the mycos best suited for it. A heavily wooded area will have a well established myco network that is conducive to trees, not annuals.

Ms Patronus, there seems to be all sorts of myco spores about, they seem to survive quite well until awakened by plant root exudates. It's very concievable that your plants awaken the needed spores to create a myco network for your roots.

I've also seen people do well growing hydro. That doesn't mean I think it's a good way to grow though. ;)

6. fruit trees mostly associate with endomyc

7. Oh now that is interesting. :) Looks like the soil scientists are going to busy for quite some time getting all of this sorted out.

8. I thought it was "Children, go fudge yourself" :D:D

Even with headphones I have a hard time understanding those squeaky little suckers.:mad:

Wet

9. #89 SkunkPatronus, Jan 2, 2012

Apparently the shit-ton of trees in the endo group are ones I have; so my fruit tree soil is compatible.

Mycorrhizal Applications, Inc. | Mycocyclopedia

10. Attached Files:

11. Thanks for the downloadable!

I have willow soil in my mix too, they seem to use endo and ecto...interesting.

12. Now I'm pissed!!!!!

You have a Sequoia???????????? One of the most spectacular trees I have ever seen and I've always wanted one.

Just wouldn't grow in SoFl.:rolleyes:, but I did have a Baobab (one of the top 3 longest living trees), in the backyard. Till Andrew anyway.:eek:

Apparently, Sequoia's won't grow in the Smokies either.:mad::mad:

We do have plenty of pines though.

Next spring, I'm going to plant some blight resistant Chestnuts, they did well here before the blight was imported.

Wet

13. I can think of no reason a sequoia won't grow in Florida(?). I planted one last year in my yard in Canada and it is thriving. I'm lucky to also have some 100 year old cedar.

14. [quote name='"SkunkPatronus"']

Apparently the shit-ton of trees in the endo group are ones I have; so my fruit tree soil is compatible.

Mycorrhizal Applications, Inc. | Mycocyclopedia[/quote]

Thanks for the link. That takes care of that question.

15. Too bad cannabis/hemp is not on that list.

16. It's under H for hemp.

17. Under the endo list

18. In Fl, I was in grow zone 9/10, just too damn hot.

Now, I'm in 7A and aside from the red clay, it ought to grow.

Quick ???????

How is Mycorrhizae spread?

I have read (just one source), that it is spread by spores/wind. Makes sense being fungi.

But, if so, what does the fruit look like? Like mushrooms, or something else?

Wet

19. who...an interesting read on so many levels:cool:

think my sig says it all;)