Mycorrhizae

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Freddyblack420, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Well, I sure feel a little dumber after watching this! Can I get my ten minutes back?
    All this guy is doing is collecting saprophytic fungi. That's it. Saprophytic fungi obtain carbon from soil organic matter. Mycorrhizae fungi obtain carbon directly from plant roots.
    To properly ID mycorrhizae fungi would be difficult. A microscope and a degree in microbiology would help.
    To pick up a handful of bark mulch that's covered in mycelium and declare it mycorrhizae fungi shows a complete lack of intelligence on the matter. Kinda lazy too if you ask me. This isn't hard to research.

OP,
    I would suggest taking a look at Paul Stamets' work if you are interested in fungi. It really is fun to learn about.
    RD

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I was under the impression that it’s the same, or similar... in Natural Farming practices, we use what we refer to as “IMO” - Indigenous Micro Organism. You culture it using white rice as a medium. The reason for this is the starch in the rice “tricks” the fungi into thinking the rice is a plant root (roots exude starches). Maybe not though. I don’t know. Regardless, what you have is definitely useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Informative Informative x 1