Mycorrhizae

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Freddyblack420, Aug 18, 2018.

1. iv been studying Mycorrhizal fungi and the benefits it has on its "host" plant iv been trying to spawn it for it for a while now organically... I think i may have done it... i just need a second opinion to confirm it is in fact, Mycorrhizal fungi...

2. So I'm not really able to answer your question, but I'm curious as to why you would need to make your own.
    I use Mykos with great success.
    Is there any benefit to main your own?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Good question man... the price of Mycorrhizae is a bit steep. For something that grows out of nearly nothing

4. 2 lbs for $20 on Amazon isn't too expensive imo. I'm guessing it will last me a few years.
    Some questions that come to mind, how much effort and time do you need to put in to create your own? How are is it to havest and apply where you need it?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. As you can see this fungi . Whatever it may be is alive and ready, i actually done it by accident. My old scraps from the kitchen was out in a crate of soil, with a pineapple top in one corner with the flesh side down so leaves were pointing up . I knocked the pineapple top over and noticed white hair like fungi, after seeing mykos all over organic threads I thought I'd go check it out a few days later and it has now spread around the surface of the soil and scraps, I could possibly scoop a chunk and drop it in the bottom of a pot and plant on top of it

6. As an experiment. Hmm I have alot of bagseeds :D

7. It looks fungal, but I was under the impression that there are specific species of fungus for cannabis. Since that is a white fungus it's gonna be beneficial to your soil. How did you inoculate this?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Well i started a compost heap and i had too much kitchen scraps so i put the excess in a crate which had some compost in it, i left it for about a week and when i noticed that it was still there and ii had forgotten about it i knocked the pineapple crown over to notice lots of white spores... i left it be, only to come back on here and see all the hype about mycorrhizae and noticed that when established it looks a lot like this what i have accidentally grown

9. i then did a quick search of pineapples and mycorrhizal fungi and they are linked in some way to technical biology terms for me to understand properly

• Like Like x 1
  10. What you have is known as "Santa's beard mycelium". It's a good thing but it certainly is not mycorrhizae fungi. Check this out if you would like to make your own.
    A Complete How-To: On-farm AM fungus inoculum production | Rodale Institute

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Start a worm bin or compost bin. Google actinomycetes first. You will most likely see it if you make some compost.

12. i actually have a worm bin...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Try sprinkling some mbp, or ground barley or even leftover oatmeal on the surface of your bin. Within 3-5 days you should see some Santa's beard.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Looks good

• Like Like x 2
  15. you think it is actually mycorrhizae?

16. how can i help this fungi grow?

17. #19 old shol4evr, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    delete

18. If you question it, you could just stick to buying it. It's not that expensive from pretty good sources on amazon.