Mycorrhizae use

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by tobacco jack, Aug 3, 2018.

1. I am on my third grow so I am by no means an expert. Half way through my second grow I introduced Mycorrhizae fungi to two of the five plants i was growing and the difference was very noticeable. I have since incorporated this and now 6.0 ph water into my grow and I have way stronger heat tolerant plants (I grow outdoors in pots) I’ve been able to minimize nutrients and now truly grow organic and pesticide free (not a fan of pesticides even “organic “) it may be worthwhile to try if it helps avoid problems to start with. Thanks to all of the ancients that have and continue to help me out!

2. I have been using Mykos at planting swear by it

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Papa, how do you use the Mykos when planting? Do you mix it with your base media to start clones / seedlings, or do you plant them in 100% Mykos?

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

4. Studies are starting to show that terpene profiles are directly affected by the microbial life in the growing medium. Microbes for the win. I use great white myco every 10 days, every grow, up until week 6 of flower.

5. No.it comes with 2 scoops so i put the big scoop in whole that im going to plant. Than i put seed tap roots into it and cover with soil. Ever since ive used it i have had better denser nugs

6. Okay. So basically, when transplanting a clone, you’re putting a large scoop of Mykos at the bottom of the empty cavity your clone goes into so the taproots hit the Mykos first?

7. My boys at Hydro they've been growing for over 20 years, it goes real good with what you're using to they say you should use both but I never added them both. The reason I first started using it was I asked the boys in Hydro what I can do to help my roots because I was growing in the summer and having to water all the time so I figured they weren't trying out enough and was wondering about my root structure. What's really nice about my guys at Hydro is they don't tell me to buy s*** I don't need matter fact he was trying to get me to try a different line that's out that's supposed to be a lot more affordable. He's using it and doing well and then there's people using the Mega crop and doing well adding silica and Cal Mag. I got a 610 gram bag of it for free had a coupon on my grow that's expired and I don't think I'm going to use it I'm a fox guy I have been I don't have issues so why in the f*** what I want to change. And then there's a lot of guys knocking Fox soil especially ffof and that just makes me want to stick with it even more

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yes seed or clones. Hell with clones I might put two or three scoops in. I believe you can also throw a tiny bit on top of your soil for top dressing that will eventually work its way into the roots. I believe this stuff is in organic Greek stuff that's been around for hundreds of years I don't think you can use too much of it but I may be wrong but I don't know I can't really attributed anyting more than maybe just getting my routine down not having deficiencies like I was in the first year or is it the mykos that is giving me dense nugs haven't had any fluffy stuff in a long time maybe close to 2
    My summer journal years[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. I am so lucky to have this Hydro they give me 20% off of everything and 30% off when I buy expensive things so before I bought my hortilux I had a generic CMH used it for almost a year had issues with it using different bulbs then it wouldn't fire up my bulb and they let me take it back for a full refund. Plus one of the guys that works in there his dad has been growing for cancer patients legally for close to 30 years back in the days when you didn't even know it was around so I know these people know what they're talking about

10. I hear what you’re sayin. I also love Fox Farms stuff, but have moved to using CocoLoco instead of Ocean Forest. It doesn’t have as many nutrients as FFOF, but it’s milder for smaller plants. I’m using it as a base media for my supersoil mix.

11. I got my 315 cmh for 420@
    Hell amazon is higher

12. Well yes if you were having trouble with foxfarm soil and not it being hearsay I don't blame you. Hell before I got on here I was using ffof by itself with no perlite and feeding one week after seedlings would pop up in a hundred and 20 degree weather. I started giving my plants Big Bloom after week 1 and Grow Big after week 2 and never had a problem. But instead of being stubborn and after reading a lot of respected Growers on here I decided to start mixing Happy Frog and ocean Forest and adding a bunch of her perlite. I figured you would get the Bost of Beth world getting bat guano and one and kelp in the other. That's why I don't use any of the orange section on the feeding chart the foiler stuff

13. 2 things are a must this and beastie blooms and cha ching. When I started using those my Bud's damn near doubled in size and density was so much better[​IMG]

14. Plus cha ching really ups the resin

15. I’m going to work the Mykos into my supersoil recipe. I can’t use the Beastie Blooms or ChaChing with my living soil, though.

• Like Like x 1
  16. No u get that organically. Of it poops u scoop lol. And wheres the worms. Soon as i get a real house me 2

17. This is how I do it when planting a seed.

After a 24 hour soak in ful-power:
    Dig a 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep hole in the soil with a chop stick

20180728_164630.jpg

Fill the hole half way with Mykos.
    Lay the germinated seed on it's side on top of the bed of Mykos.

20180728_164714.jpg

Fill the rest of the hole lightly with soil.

So far, 100% success rate.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Thanks that’s great I still have a few seeds left and can’t wait to try it

19. my outdoor will be ready to be from red solo’s to the earth in about two weeks. Maybe 1. Perhaps ill run and grab a bag of myko’s just for this!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum