MYCO+ Turns water brown.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by OneMarty, Sep 9, 2021.

?

Is this a problem?

1. No

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. YES

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I recently purchased MYCO+ powder and added it to my Hydroponic reservoir, and it turns the Nutrient solution brown, dark brown. I can't find any info on this. The plant looks healthy, but roots have a brown tinge until I rinse them off in the sink and they then look normal. I may be worrying to much but can't find any info on this stuff turning my water brown. Any help is appreciated.

2. “Myco+ is a concentrated, super-premium blend of beneficial fungi, amino acids, botanical extracts, carbohydrates, humic acid and minerals, designed to generate explosive root growth and overall plant health.”

Who knows what botanical extracts and what kind of carbohydrate they use, but yea humic acid and minerals can easily turn water brown.

I’ve actually heard people recommend putting these products directly on the roots in hydroponic systems because mycorrhiza don’t live in water naturally, but in soil and on roots.

3. I bet they use dehydrated or dryer molasses in the mix. I bet that’s your brown color. I don’t think you want to rinse the good stuff off your roots.
    Cheers
    Os

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thanks, and makes sense to leave this on the roots. I'm new to Hydro and everything I see says the roots should be a light cream color.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I’m not a hydro guy, I bet someone else will comment about that.
    Cheers
    Os

6. This absolutely makes no sense, why would you respond that your not a Hydro guy, for a Hydro question. Maybe need to slack off on the weed?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. I was being helpful. You do know this is the organic forum right? Where we all grow in soil right!
    Cheers
    Os

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Myco+ - Super-Premium Root Booster

I mean he is absolutely right, it is molasses that’s added to the product. And I would guess he answered because he’s an organic grower, and has a lot of experience using them.
    I find a bit of brown sediment in my sprayer when I water my plants with Recharge, a similar product. I imagine it’s the same thing you see on the roots

• Like Like x 1
  9. That’s exactly right. Just cause I don’t grow hydro, doesn’t mean I wouldn’t know how to throw something together to sell on the market. Recharge is exactly what this product seems to mimic.
    Cheers
    Os

10. You thought you were being helpful? How?

11. Search Hydro forums.

12. You mean like why a brown molasses product that attaches itself to the roots, would make them brown.
    Cheers
    Os

13. Wow get used to crickets bud

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. My fear would be dealing with root rot and having brown water and brown roots. How will you know if they start rotting if they are already brown? I would have to be touching them daily to make sure they are not slimy. As long as your roots are not slimy your good.

15. Thanks for the reply. I was worried about that also, don't want no root rot. When I changed the reservoir I rinsed the roots off in the sink with the spray head and they look good. I was told by someone else not to rinse it off the roots, and it is good for the roots. Of course it is a root booster. The plant looks healthy, and is growing like a weed, so to speak. My first hydro grow and am experimenting a little bit, and read good things about the MICO+. From the looks of the plant, it likes it. I just freaked out when I first started using it and saw brown on the roots. I check my reservoir daily and adjust the PH to keep it in line. So far so good.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Shut your ass up and show some respect when asking for advice man or take your ass somewhere else. No respect from kids these days, SMH