My young plants might be sick! Please Help!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by smitalt, Jun 25, 2008.

1. I have a few plants that are about 2 weeks old, and they have been doing good so far but yesterday the ends of a few of the leaves have dried up and seem crispy and curled upwards.

I have been using CFL's and been keeping them pretty close to the plants, so I decided to raise the height alot because my ventilation system is not very good so I was afraid they are getting cooked. I water them about every other day and all the other conditions seem good.

The picture I have posted is pretty low quality but its the best I could do, you can see the leave at the top of the picture is dried and curled up. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

• pic.jpg
      pic.jpg
      File size:
      70.4 KB
      Views:

2. I am a newb to this all and I am currently on my first grow, but from the looks of it i think you kind of know your prob already. Its to hot on your plant, ventilation is bad (no fresh air movement), and it looks like it may be a little underwatered.

But like I said im a noob, i only know what i have read and nothing from experience, my plants to our going through a harsh time right now, I think i failed life on transplant.

--- oh big question too, exactly what CFL's how much wattage? How far away from the plant? ---

3. Listen to sprockets. If your leaves are curling the lights are usually too close but its hard to do that with CFLs even if they are really close. You need to get a fan to continually circulate air around the grow area and keep the humidity around 40-50% if you can, that really keeps the plants from drying out like yours.

edit: what kind of soil are you using and have you fed your plants yet?

4. I am using some organic soil, not sure exactly what kind, and I added a little bit of nutrients (which is probably one of the reasons they looked burnt) because I ordered them in the mail and jumped the gun a little bit when the nutes got here. Thanks for the responses

5. you're plant is too young for any soft of nutrients at this stage. this could be the cause of the burning of your plant. try to flush the soil, but litereally flushing it with a lot of water. if you want to give your plant a slight boost, when watering it after the flush, add some sugur to the water before watering it. do this about once a week and you'll notice a diffrence.