My Worst Grow Ever

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by juggla421, May 29, 2013.

1. Hi guys I'm on my second soil grow and something is terribly wrong. I'm great with hydroponics but soil is harder for me! Here are some pics. Please help me!!
    Sent from my ADR6400L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

1369806503574.jpg 1369806519804.jpg 1369806540397.jpg 1369806558175.jpg

2. They didn't turn light green until three days ago. The dry brittle leaves started yesterday...I was using a humidity dome till yesterday but I thought they may be getting too much moisture so I took it off. Temp with the dome was 82 and now 76 without it...comments please.

3. that's from soggy soil dude. you are watering too often and possibly have unsuitable soil

4. I've used the same soil before and worked fine. So probably over water. U think a touch of nitrogen deficiency?

5. Nope, overwatered.

Less is more with soil.

6. How old & stunted are the plants? I had the same problem with soil, some came out good and other bad. I watered the same on all also. I have sprayed the plants with a water bottle and like 1/8tsp of grow nutes. Some plants recovered and others are still stunted. I haven't found a better solution than that.

7. overwatered and possibly rootbound

8. What do you mean by root bound? One plant did have some small roots come to the surface.

9. #9 Juggalo9, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
    Root bound is when the roots over grow their pot. You would see a huge root mass at the bottom of your pots.

I'd say they're too young for that.

10. Who do you guys recommend for seed banks shipping to the US? I tried attitude but it freezed my debit card and I contacted visa n they said they no longer do business with the UK cause high fraud rate.

11. Your plants are too big for the cups; when you re-pot them you will see the roots circled around the bottom of the cup (rootbound). Also, the yellowing at the edges of the leaves looks to be some nitrogen deficiency. Get them in a bigger pot and throw a little blood meal on top of the soil and water it in. You can never go wrong with organics when supplementing nutrients, they will rarely ever burn your plants.

12. They are going to be translated into the ground outside. I didn't know they had already outgrown the cups!! Man I'm so glad you said that!!

13. Get a prepaid and use Attitude. You call your prepaid card company before you order and you tell them to allow international purchases....ta da, beans..... I got mine in a week from order...to .p.o. box. Get a cool ass tee shirt trust me

• Like Like x 1
  14. What card provider did ya use?

15. MasterCard works, that's what I used. Wal Mart or Walgreens should have em, maybe a CVS PHARMACY too. Hope your girls pull through man, I'm having similar mystery issues. But I would guess our problems would be the soil/overwatering...idk, what soil are you using?

16. Miracle gro, ya I kno its supposedly bad to use but its worked fine before. I've just always put a lot of drainage holes in the cups and watered the shit out of em to dilute the nutes in it. This is the first time I've had a problem with over watering. They don't stay in cups long and go into mother earth. But I've obviously pushed it too long cause one is root bound and the others prolly not far from it.

17. yeah I agree they do need more room. once the leaf tips reach beyond the rim of the pot it's time to think about repotting

18. Way overwatered.

Don't water unless you can stick your finger 1 inch into the soil and come out dry.

What kind of soil is it? You want something nutritious but not too strong early, or you'll nute burn them.

19. All the reading up I've done would point to your soil being a miricle-gro nutes based soil I would say try and get them into the ground asap. I wont lie I'm a beginner myself (see indoor grow title "my first grow diary"). I'm using a soil mix that's made for tomatoes as all the research I've done would point towards toms and weed being very similar even down to nutes and lighting. I also use babybio nutes as an added extra as explained in my thread, I had a window experience where I found a random seed planted it no lights other than English sun and very small amounts of babybio and ended up with a 1/4 ounce. Sometimes its trial and error but if you have a large number of plants atleast you have some room for experiments and error. Hope you ladies turn good.

20. overwatered for sure yes, but id say you got more problems than just that, get them transplanted asap

• Like Like x 1