MY wondifferous(crappy) Grow box!

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by JustGotScoobD, Oct 12, 2011.

1. As a first timer, I expect a little lenience, but I bet I will get some criticism still :rolleyes: The pictures show my box built out of a 19 gallon rubber maid, tin foil, 2 cfl's, and a computer fan/carbon filter. As this is my first time, I have a couple questions:

1. I bought a miracle grow (3 month) shake 'n feed all-purpose. How much should I combine with my soil per plant(potting soil or dug fresh out of MN ground).

2. How much planting pot space is needed for a plant?

THANKS!

Attached Files:

2. get rid of the foil and buy some reflective tape. the crinkles create hot spots that burn your plants.

3. Thanks! Should I completely remove the foil then tape, or can I just tape over it?

4. how many actual Watts are those cfl bulbs combined?

try to get at least 100W for each plant.

umm... a 4 gallon pot will take up, well.... 4 gallons of space.

5. I would just go ahead and take the foil out. and you can find reflective tape at any hardware store btw. Do you intend on leaving the top open or closing it? im asking because i can see your exhaust fan but no intake holes. and as the guy above me said youll need at least 100w for the first plant and around 50w for any additional plants. like 200w for 3 plants. Oh and id also check that soil if you just dug it out of the ground it could have a lot of bugs and other things you dont want in there.

6. Thanks! I will definitely replace the foil with tape and as for the top, I am going to cut some intake holes and cover the rest of it. The lights total up to I think 50 watts, I will FOR SURE add more. Finally, I'm going out to buy some nice potting soil, but I need to decide when and how much to add food to it. Right now I have miracle grow all purpose shake 'n feed and the liquid version too.

7. If its hard for you to find any kind of potting soil besides miracle grow around where you live (which is pretty much my situation) The miracle grow "organic choice" seems to be the best way to go since there is no time released fertilizer in the soil.

8. 1. That's probably what I'll end up doing(Organic choice if I can find any) Only frustrating thing, cash is slowing shit down :(

9. UPDATE.

Just replaced foil with tape, and replaced with higher wattage lights. All I need now is some soil, and food. Pics coming soon.

10. thats what i use is the organic choice it works pretty good except there is no perlite in it

11. Is there still a possibility for chemical burn? Or is the organic "chem" free?

12. Well considering on avg the sun produces 250 watts per square foot i suggest putting up another.

13. Your space is big enough for some growing. I'm growing in a PC case, dimensions much smaller than yours.

14. no you cant get a nute burn off of it

15. Sounds bomb. I'm buying seeds from a friend Monday (feminized OG).

16. nice build. Just started my first plant and it is doing great! but don't worry about feeding your plant for a couple of weeks, your plant has to be developed before you try putting chemicals (nutes) through it. did you buy the pc fan or do it yourself? :)

17. I got the PC fan off a computer of mine(I got a new one) and I hooked it up to an unused 8V plug in! Runs at a smooth med-high speed, in order to avoid burning out. I'm really pumped to start germination!

18. Finally got some soil, tape, and a screen, how HIGH should it be from the base of the plant?

Attached Files:

19. Nevermind, I found a ScrOG method page, Im all set..Seeds come monday!

20. Well that took a bit longer than I hoped..Oh well :smoke:

Got my seeds in a Tupperware container between to soaked paper towels. Im ready!!:hello: