My weed smells like nail polish

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Skizm420, May 19, 2021.

1. So I recently picked up some weed from a reliable source and the bud is usually always 10/10 but this particular 8th I picked up is a it concerning. Basically whenever I chuck some of this trough a grinder it has a very distinct Nail Polish aroma to it. Its not the grinder as I've used multiple and it smokes nice, nice light grey/ white ash and not harsh at all but just has this unusual nail polish, chemical smell to it. The taste however is very non distinctive and plain and the high is also quite pleasant. Any ideas could it be the strain type like a diesel or something? Thanks!

2. I had the same thing with 2 of my plants, they came smeling like nails paint or something but in a good way. It is either strain or nutrient. Either way i enjoy it :toke:

3. Cannabis has enough Terpenes range to smell like nearly anything imaginable. Odds are it's just that strain of Herb.
    I grew out a Lavender that was totally unusable by me. I couldn't even give that shit away. Stunk like old lady Perfume. NASTY !!!!
    Was bad in the bag and even worse when smoked. Left a gagging stink aftertaste in your mouth that was hard to get clear of.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Thanks for the reply! So the lavender you grew was the strain? Did you use any growing aids?
    I was hoping it was just going to be the strain as like I said it smokes fine, light grey ash and is not harsh at all so I didn't think it'd be bad but just wanted a second opinion :)

5. Ha , yep I had an oz that a good friend gifted me it was so bad smelled like Lysol I could not smoke it either.
    I swore he was trying to kill me , but the high was there. and it was the strain as posted above stated

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thanks for the reply! I had hoped it would have just been the strain but it's nice to get a second opinion :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yes. The Strain was " Lavender" Smelled exactly like the real deal.
    I grow all organic outside and use minimal IPM. Same as everything gets treated. It was purely in the plant.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  8. Did it smoke okay?

9. Sounds horrendous lol But thanks I'll carry on smoking it I think :toke:

• Like Like x 2
  10. It was ok to smoke my guy smoked 4 zips of it no problem himself.
    I gave it back for something different the smell was just unbearable to me.

11. So steer clear of lavender then haha

12. #12 Storm Crow, May 20, 2021
    Last edited: May 20, 2021
    When you get a strain with an "unfortunate" terpene profile :wacko:, try this-

Water Curing Your Weed. (news – 2012) Water Curing Your Weed - Hail Mary Jane ®

Water curing strips out the terpenes, but leaves the THC untouched. You end up with some UGLY-looking, but very smooth-smoking, cannabis! :GettingStoned: FYI- Water curing will NOT fix moldy weed, it just fixes bad-smelling or over-fertilized weed.

I've only had to water cure cannabis once, but it also seemed to cut down on the odor while smoking. :smoke:

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. I'd worry if it really smells like it is nail polish remover. Like if it had that chemical bite to it you get, like "oh I shouldn't be breathing this" you get when you smell an actual chemical like that. But if it just smells "like" it I wouldn't worry too much. It's kind of hard to put into words but basically go with your instinct and what your nose tells you.

I mean I had weed that smelled just like bananas before. Not like artificial candy type bananas or something, like you unpeeled a bananas and stuck your nose to it. Which I wasn't a huge fan of cause it's really not good (neutral at best imo), point being weed can smell like some crazy shit.

14. We had this perfume smelling skunk going around my city, plenty of it but no one wanted it. Smelled bad, tasted bad but smoked OK.

Long story short, beggars can't be choosers.

15. Used to get bud from this lady that sprayed it with perfume to hide the scent. This was before it was legal. Pot really sucked back then.

16. Had a bag taste like carrots but smell like starburst.

17. When I was younger and hid bud I'd often use a sploof and stored that next to bud, pretty sure it made it smell and maybe taste a bit like dryer sheets a couple times.

18. I don't rightfully know on this one, I'd personally be to sketched by the overwhelming reek of acetone to trust it. White dope can smell exactly like nail polish remover, too, due to being made with acetone. With that in mind, I'd personally be too concerned that some substances that I definitely don't want in my herb came in contact with it at some point, I've literally never once had weed smell like acetone from natural terpenes, and I've tried most everything available. Be careful and stay baked!

Jah! /*d$*

19. #19 Dahtasnaby, Oct 7, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
    The smell of grass often depends on fertilizers and how often you watered the plant. I've never had a situation where ground cannabis smelled like nail polish or chemicals. However, I don't think you should worry about that. Perhaps the problem lies in the seeds and the bush that you bought. I buy stuff on https://weedofficials.com/. The store has never disappointed me yet. By the way, what solar scheme do you use to grow cannabis? Many argue about how many sunny days are needed for active growth.