Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My weed is too smelly! It reeks up the whole house. What should I do?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BongPipeJoint, Nov 11, 2011.

1. I'm going to start this off by saying I'm 19, but still living at home (So people don't accuse me of being underage). Recently, I bought a MFLB vaporizer. It's freaking amazing, with next to no odor. There's one problem though.

The vapor barely smells. It's faint and goes away completely in a couple minutes. But, whenever I go to grind and load some bud, it reeks up the whole house. I tried doing it in the little room under the stairs, but I guess it found a way to seep out, and sure enough my house smelled like skunk for an hour. Strongly! The bud I have right now is a skunk strain, which reeks, as you would expect. I had to distract my parents to go outside which was a really nerve racking experience, as they're religious and anti pot.

My mom telecommutes to work, so she's almost always home and my house is small, two floor bungalow. Thus, any smell carries throughout the place quickly. It's cold where I live, and opening the window would be suspicious. And, my bathroom doesn't have a fan, so the odor would stay there.

Blades, I'm stuck. Going outside to grind isn't really an option for various reasons and even if I did, the moment I load the vaporizer, the whole house reeks. What should I do? Any ideas? :(

2. Grind all your weed outside. Put it in a jar. It will lose its smell eventually.

Also cover the smell of the weed with another smell.

I used to just boil some ginger tea when i was bagging weight at my moms house.

3. inb4 "SEND IT TO ME (HA HA)"

4. Grind your weed with the shower going on or while your taking a dump and you can spray smell goods and what not

5. Get some ozium

6. Is it bad to grind your stuff up before you are ready to use it? I've always wondered that. Sucks to have to stop and grind during a session.

7. I thought this thread said something about waffle house... Whoops

• Like Like x 1
  8. Walk around and say, "Hey mom, you smell that skunk?"

9. Wouldn't that just be putting smelly weed in a jar? You do the same thing to cure it and that doesn't make it loose the smell. Why would you want it to smell less or mess with it's potency, just don't take it out or smoke where you don't want it to smell.

10. I would say ask your dealer for lower-grade stuff, but that would be just plain wrong.

11. Don't grind it in the house then? Wtf?

12. doesn't bungalow mean only 1 floor?

13. Grinded weed loses the smell. I wouldn't know why.

And also grinding weed inside stinks. So even if the weed doesn't lose all smell it would be better to grind it outside.

14. grind all ur herb and put it in a bag or a jar but leave the lid off and leave it outside somewhere safe like in a shed or something until the cure (stickyness/moisture) of the bud goes away, most of the smell will go with it too cuz the smell comes from oils/(i forget the exact name) in the resin glands/trichomes/etc, then once most of smell is gone, bring it inside (in the jar with the lid on) and u should be ok for most part. but be weary as when your nugs/pre-grinded herb dries up, u have to handle it more carefully cuz without the stickyness the trich's fall off a lot easier.

15. I had a problem like this. What i did was just put it in pill bottles and i take them outside when I have to open them to get some out, then i smoke outside

16. Well, Basement + 1 floor.

17. Close your door and put a towel underneath to block the air escaping from your room to the rest of your house. Then have a fan running, point it towards a window and your golden.

18. get yo ass a mason jar and seal that bitch and keep it in a cool dark place.