My water pipe hits are really white while my pipe hits arent that white?

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting' started by ganjaheaven420, Aug 6, 2013.

1. I've been smoking for about 2 years now and I am definatly a water pipe person. I get big hits and very white smoke while when I smoke out of a pipe or chillum my hits are on the weaker side. The smoke isn't very white and it makes me mad. I make sure I take hard drags. It might be that since I'm used to inhale the smoke into my lungs instead of keeping it sit in my mouth but when I do keep the smoke in my mouth I still don't get the white smoke that my friends get out of the pipe. Is there any tips that you guys can give me? Thanks guys

2. Bongs get you think hits based on the principle of having an expansion chamber. Your technique could definitely be improved to get better hits out of dry pieces. Instead of just breathing in the smoke straight through your mouth, think of your mouth as an adjustable expansion chamber. Once the smoke is flowing, through the pipe, open your palette up without breaking the seal of your lips on the pipe. Inhale this thicker smoke you've created and repeat several times per pipe rip.

3. The smoke from the pipe doesn't get cooled, so your lungs can't take nearly as much smoke as from a bong or something

4. who cares what the smoke appears like?  Are you still getting high? that is what is important

5. #5 BadKittySmiles, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2013
    1. The smoke becomes more thick and white through a water pipe, because it runs through water and, once cooled, it condenses.

Hot smoke expands and becomes thin, this is what happens with a dry pipe. But smoke condenses, and thickens, when it is cooled.

2. Cooler hits and a longer distance between the lit bowl, and your mouth, also increases your smoke capacity. You can take much larger hits even without the smoke condensing, it's why bongs tend to be more efficient than pipes and why pipe users tend to green out with bongs, often even when they are smoking no more than usual (ie the speed at which it hits your system increases the strength and even the length of the experience, versus dragging out the same bowlpack through a pipe over a few minutes). :)

Hope this helps!