Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My Water/Glycerine Tincture Experience

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BlazeDTO360, Mar 26, 2016.

1. #1 BlazeDTO360, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    Today out of curiosity I made a small batch of water and glycerine based tinc. I did not take my time, and I just did it to see what would happen. I did nothing fancy, and kept i t as simple as possible. Here's what I did:

First, I decarbed the buds. I put 8 grams of only part way dried from harvest (bout 5 days since chop) and cut it up into little pieces, and baked it at 240 for 30 minutes. It really seemed way too long, which I'll explain later

I then mixed 25 ml of water and 20 ml glycerine in a little jar, and put it in microwave to initiate boil, then put the jar on a electric skillet set at 300.

Then I put the weed into the water and glycerine, and let it heat for an hour or so. Every so often I'd put it in the microwave for 10 seconds, also put lid on and shake it up.

I then strained out the cannabis with cheesecloth, and I was left with about 28ml of tincture.

I can't say any technicals on how much I lost or anything like that, nor do I really care. Like I said I did this fast, about 80 minutes What I do know, is I took a dropper full and it packed a punch!

Now what I was saying about the decarb being too long... the finished tincture seem to resemble the brown, created by the bake, and I can taste the cooked/burn/dirty taste. It turned out good enough for me to use, but next weekend I'll try to do a shorter decarb to see if I can preserve the flavor and color a little better and still have the same results.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  2. So you did it, huh? Good for you. You never know if something will work until you try it. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yea, no hesitation just did it. I'm gonna try a few things different the next time. I'll probably try again tomorrow if I can get the house to myself.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. I just heard about a water based tincture w glycerine and was wondering how they do it. Badkat talks about how not to use water for oil/butter extractions so i was thinking it might be the same way with glycerine. Don't take my word for it tho because I'm not positive as I've never made water/glycerine tinc's but I was thinking you could do a simple extraction w just glycerine and just add water to it after the extraction to dilute it. That way your guaranteeing the most bang for your buck. If thats what ya care about.