My view on God: A very personal rant

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by orimas16, Aug 14, 2010.

1. God is and will always be of human imagination, God was the answer for the heavens before humans could even begin to understand what secrets were hidden within the cosmos. I genuinely believe that the world is being held back by the false beliefs that the church is representing in our day and age. If we as a human race should worship anything it should be the extreme beauty, diversity, and rarity of life that is representative of our place and history on this tiny terrestrial planet floating in the Sol star system which is one tiny speck in the outer helix, of our spiral galaxy the Milky Way.

Please feel free to discuss, this is an idea that has been stuck in my head for awhile and I finally feel as though I have put it down on paper so to say.

P.S. this is not a LOL I H8 GOD thread, this is simply and sincerely what I think of on the matter of God, or a God or the many Gods that have for millenia justified the unquenchable need to know our place in the vastness of the universe.

Thank You.

2. ah, I know how you feel bro. Times like these just makes me watch the symphony of science collection on you tube. Now don't go all emo after watching all of these but if you do its cool lol, I did too after watching them.heres one.....[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGK84Poeynk]YouTube - Symphony of Science - 'We Are All Connected' (ft. Sagan, Feynman, deGrasse Tyson & Bill Nye)[/ame]

3. Technology seems to advance at a far quicker rate than society.

4. My conthesis is that we need to invest in trust, where I live whe have begun to do that, by following traffic signs!

Buuut, generrrally, we need more honesty on a global scaaale, because if you think about it what would be best for us?: to just STOP, most of our useless operations, and begin something new, but we can't we are all rushed for survival!!!

Except rich people.

5. i dont reallycare if some1 beleives in god. i dont and i agree with u. and i just dont get it. my issue is more with organized religion. i jsut veiw it as violent and ugly and secretitive. like any other organization theres corruption. i have my own person reasons i dont beleive in god and im glad u posted ur rant bc i feel less stuck in my head now tat some1 said my thoughts for me

6. 100% this. :wave:

7. I think the only thing that's going to bring people together is the brink of extinction.

8. Agalloch is that not perhaps a cynical view of our society? I consider myself a person who is very much an optimist (Maybe it is my biggest flaw?) I feel as though I can't HELP but believe in the younger generations and the ones to come. Many people consider the younger generations as the coming pinnacle of disaster, but being part of the younger generation (I'm in my early 20's) I see a change in the thought processes of younger children, my little brother who was born in 2000, is not racist in the least, he has many friends ranging from a broad spectrum of racial backgrounds, he is also avidly interested in the cosmos, despite being brought up in a catholic schooling environment. When it boils down to what is deepest in my soul I think that we need to BELIEVE in the younger generations, because with them corrupted where will our future lie as a species?

What do you guys think I'd love to hear more from you.

9. I personally believe otherwise bro, but i totally respect your beliefs and your thought perspective. Personally i have seen god work in amazing ways, not only in my life but in others. God enhances my perspective of life and nature and i wouldnt have it any other way. Not trying to argue with you at all, just sharing my perspective.

10. this. Big disasters seem to bring people together. Look at all of the disasters that have happened in the past years.

on another note, I'm confused as to why people, that have been in a disaster always seem to say " thank god for helping me with my xx struggles of xx disaster. I know god will find a way for me out of this." When they should be saying " why the hell did god make this disaster happen in the first place?".

11. If you have to ask questions like that, know that you just don't understand. Whether or not it's true, most religions, including Christianity believe that nothing just happens, everything has a point to it. Life is all about spiritual development. Everything that happens, happens for that reason. Bad things happen to teach you something, basically. Help you grow. A lot of Christians and other religious or spiritual people understand that.

This life is supposed to have a lot of shittyness to it. That's the point.

12. I live this life with a bunch of shittyness so that my next life won't be shitty. How comforting.

13. Are you implying that humans are better at improving physical matter than improving one's self?

14. If that's what he is implying then I agree.

15. What do you mean by improving one's self?

16. physical matter helps to improve one's self... does it not?

17. all i gotta say is, if you dont see god in everything, you will never see god.

18. I stare out into space sometimes and I can't help but to think that damn, some when else in space that a person was and still looking out into space KNOWING that there are planets, just like earth that have people, just like you on it thinking the same thing you are thinking at that same moment.

19. I believe that you are a product of your own environment.

Fecal matter is a natural fertilizer for soil. So when our "waste" is getting treated, we aren't giving back to the earth to improve one's living environment, and therefore, we are not improving ourselves. :hello:

20. lol
    now you go be a good slave and shit on that tree to improve yourself because that tree makes your food :).