My very first hydro grow (dwc) 2nd grow ever. Lots Of Questions.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by boost4life, Aug 15, 2016.

1. So i took 2 clones from my outdoor grow. NL. And put them in my BB i just made. I originally only put 1 cutting in there but I've been having bad luck with cloning so i increased my odds.

Any ways they both seem to be doing well. The first one is just starting to root and the 2nd is standing strong and tall.

Should i keep them both in the single 5in pot or take one out ??

Also the bubblebucket is 5gal.
    [​IMG]

2. Best to just have one plant per container so there's no competition for resources between root systems as they grow.
    I'd sacrifice the weakest one.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alright thanks man. That's also what i was thinking i just wanted to get a 2nd opinion.

4. Also my PH is a little high. 7.0. As i don't have any ph down yet. Will this be ok? Is there anyway to bring it down with any common house held items??

Thanks

5. I haven't begun to use these nutrients but will these work??

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Some people use baking soda/vinegar for pH up/down. Not sure which does which though. I use Genral Hydro stuff. You could pry Google it. However, you can't let it stay at 7. It needs to be right around 5.8

I wouldn't know with those nutes either. Maybe someone else will come along with input on that. Don't think I'd use em though.
    If your budget is limited, you could also Google lucas formula. Specifically, using General Hydro MaxiBloom powder. Pretty cheap...
    I use the liquid Flora series micro and bloom.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ya budget is extremely limited. Not really trying to dump money into this until i get the hang of it.

I'll probably end up using these nutes regardless b/c free lol just wondering if anyone has any experience with them?

Thanks for the info on ph up and down. Ill google that now.

8. Boost4life- those nutes appear to have a high level of Nitrogen from Ammoniacal nitrogen, which if i understand correctly is not a good source for Nitrogen in hydro as it is too easily absorbed by the plants and may burn them. I'd suggest using them with caution.

9. Straight up and to the point......you are going to have to pony up the cash for a better nute schedule. Once your plant gets rolling she will use up those little bottles in a couple of days time. A simple nute set up would be General Hydroponics using their MICRO and BLOOM products.

• Like Like x 1
  10. UPDATE:
    Plants might die.

All you veterans will probably cringe or laugh!

I noticed my water was a little cloudy while checking the ph today. Its been a week so i did a water change. To my horror once i emptied out the buck at the bottom was a rusted wrench! When i set up my bucket i ziptied it to my 6in airstone to keep it from floating. God D*****!!!!! I realized how much of a newbbb mistake i made! I had to clean my pot, change my medium, replant my clones. I imagine they are extremely stressed out now....hopefully they pull through!

They were doing so well too! Lol other then the cloudy water. The stems were shooting out little roots everywhere!!

Well ill update y'all in a few days and let u know if they survive.

Live and Learn.

11. All you needed to do was run some fresh water through the net pot and wash out the bucket.

12. Ya that's what i did. And changed my medium (lava rock) because it was covered in it.

13. update?

• Like Like x 1
  14. sorry on the late update. Ran into some issues with the clones.

Could have been the fact that I've never cloned before or "who knowss"

(Heres the thread for those interested) Help. plant problems. With pics. DWC.

Here's some pics. Things are going smoothly now and im getting new growth. Please ask questions if you have any.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Looking good man, keep it up, I'll be following.

16. There is a guide my friend uses called the "KISS" method. He is also doing his first indoor grow. I don't regard it as a superior method, but it will give you some experience in hydroponics without bankrupting you. I believe all it requires is General Hydroponics Maxi Bloom for the whole grow, which is about $7 for a small bag. If you're using reverse osmosis water you will need a calcium/magnesium supplement, another product gen hydro makes. I personally recommend using Canna base nutrients. Unfortunately, deep water culture technically calls for Canna Aqua which has an A & B solution for both Veg and Flowering, but if you only wish to buy two you could get away with just Aqua Flores A & B for about $20-25. Canna is very clean and easy to use, the website even has a customizable grow guide to fit your set up. Very beginner friendly and very high quality. (I don't use Gen Hydro products anymore since they were acquired by Monsanto, the makers of Scott's Miracle Grow.)

Sent from my LG-V410 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Deffinetly keep them separate either in a 5gal or a 7gal depending on the space Your working on!

18. I would just
    I would just go buy a GH PHup and PH down.

19. If your going to use those nutrients, you had better get a ppm meter. It is far too easy to burn the piss out of your plants using nuts that were designed for other plants.