My Very First Grow (up in a tree)

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Ayebaw, Feb 8, 2009.

1. That's exactly what I thought. And it was only 1 sprout too! Of bagseed, so who knows about the quality, or even whether or not it's female?

But no, there is nowhere safe near me to grow on the ground.

Also, how people knew I have no idea. Someone must have seen me coming down and gotten curious or something. But the container couldn't be seen from the ground, and you have to be halfway up the tree to see it anyways (lower branches block sighting from the ground).

Yes, telling no one is the most important thing, I am fully aware of that.

2. ok cool man, good night!

3. that really sucks dude. you get a good idea and someone fucks it up. well good luck on your next try.

4. Guess your ´friend´ told his friend. That´s the way it goes.

5. Planted two seeds in three (?) gallon buckets of good soil in direct sunlight. Pics when they sprout.

6. Also, should I post a new thread when they sprout or keep this one?

7. I'm excited to see where this goes man. I'd say just keep this thread

8. I say make a new one so we dont gotta go through the old pages and shit. Just after you prep your seedlings and get them sprouted, take pictures and make a new thread.

"Ayebaws official first grow, up in a tree." lol.

Good luck!

9. Does anyone have info, or know where I could get info, on Green Harvest activities in Hawaii?

10. #70 champloo, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2009
  11. What A coincidence, its mine too!!!

12. Well, I don't live on the big island, so apparently green harvest is operating on the other islands... hmm... I was thinking of growing on the roof of something nearby, but that wouldn't work. The tree I thought I could use is too big, I cannot get to the top, or at least I couldn't in the hour of free time I had this morning. I suppose this proves it to be a prime location, but I need time to find a way up there, and I'd have to do a bit of trimming maybe... you see, there's just no good place to put them in the ground here... don't worry, I'll think of something... I actually have a plan in mind, but it's a bit far fetched... I'll keep ya updated.

13. Nail a piece of two by four to the tree every once in a while up the tree. You know, to give you something to step on. Wherever you have trouble climbing cause the next limb is too far or whatever, just nail another one there.

The reason i say do it kinda scarcely throughout the tree and not just make a latter is so its not so obvious the tree is being used.

14. how exactly did ur plants com up missing? did they rake the whole thign pots and all? cuz ive had birds dig in my pots and tare shit up/shitin on my girls :mad:

15. Hey man bummer about the plant..Hope these next ones work for ya though.

Thats sick you live in hawaii! I visited once, kauai, loved it...

How much does a place there cost a month? I dont think I saw you mention what island your on.

I wanna hit that shit up though...

16. I may use that 2x4 method, I got some nails and wood around here.

The whole plant was missing. I checked on it the night before, didn't check it in the morning, and I came back and the plant was gone. There was, however, one of it's leaves left in the pot. I believe someone stole it and left the leaf to make me believe it was eaten. If it were bugs/birds, the leaf would be gone as well.

I haven't mentioned what island I'm on, for obvious reasons. Places can run as low as $600 if you're just looking for one bed one bath, but jobs are scarce right now, and everything costs more too.

17. to be honest i dont think som1 would just com steal the plants with out taking the pots...humm it almost sounds like the birds ate it. do you have anythign you can make a small cage to go over the plants? cause any anamils like ratcoons/opossoms/cats/rats i dont kno what kinda anamils you have there. but they will all eat your plants..

ya i doubt som1 came and stole your 5 inch seedlings with out the pots.. besides if a ripper see's what ur doing they will watch you and com take over right be4 harvest..

18. Birds or rats are the only creatures in the tree.

I have some metal screen like stuff I could build up and around the pot.

Why would something eat the whole plant except for one of the largest leaves?

19. Rats will eat seedlings, they are attracted to moisture. Just make sure it is protected. Also, have you gotten some bug spray yet?

Sometimes little rodents will take a nibble on seedlings and decide half-way through that they dont taste good. They will stop eating and move on.

20. Dude, thats a really good idea. Totally ingenious.

If you could throw like a small dog cage up there or something (paint it camo first, there actually is camo spray paint) and then place the plant/plants inside it.

It might make it a little more obvious but im sure you could work with it.

Oh and 600 is nothing! Id be looking for like 2-3 a month but yeah, i do remember grocries and stuff being mad expensive.

Still like to give it a shot though, its fucking paradise man