My very first grow ever / my pc box

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by MrCheesyBuds, Dec 5, 2012.

1. So just finished my pc grow box .. Gotta admit it turned out pretty nice considering I pieced it together from stuff I found in the garage lol ..

I'm new to this so b4 u guys start askin all kinds of questions ... How's it look?

Attached Files:

2. Not too shabby :cool:
    Lookin' good so far.

Is there intake and exhuast fans? Not sure, because I don't see any.. i think :D

Good luck with the grow brother..

Bagseed or do you know the genetics:smoke:?

3. #3 MrCheesyBuds, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2012
    Yea top right corner the beige box is the intake and light is mounted to box .. Exhaust is bottom right behind the plugs .. It's not a full size tower case so I had to try to maximize space .. Just a bag seed I germinated in a paper towel and ziplock .. i got bored so just decided to get my fix with a crap seed ...I'm gonna order some berry Ryder from attitude tomorrow along with a few other I haven't decided on yet because of space restrictions . I got a total of 3100 lumens in there I'm guessing Thts good I heard somewhere on here 2000 lumens a square foot .. Flowering bulb and a veg bulb .. Gonna go get one more of each Tom and change em

4. i would flip both bulbs to daylight to get most usage out of your power. then during flower flip them both to soft white!. good use of space. Are you going to LST?

5. Yee buddy :hello:... I'll be along for the ride here, My only plant I was growing turned out to be male :( Chopped em yesterday, ate him today :smoke: Now time to ditch the closet and have a more stealth grow in a pc case.. then throw into closet probably :p

Now i'm onto getting a giant pc case, and some actual genetics so I don't get my hopes up for nothing:eek:

Space definitely looking utilized in there, make sure to look for strains that grow shorter so you can keep them in the pc case til harvest if that's what your planning.. Attitude is having their monthly promotion, if you spend over 35 euros you get 10 free all different seeds.. waiting til then to order mine, cannot wait :hello::hello::hippie:

BTW, don't stress it too much.. on my first plant I started with all 2700k, took about a week and it grew fine until I switched them out for 5500ks.. but I like the dual spectrum, and the plants to do :)

6. #6 MrCheesyBuds, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2012
    Thx guys .. Yea I only got the two bulbs when I was at lowes so tomorrow I'm gonna go get another of each and change em so I got two 5850k bulbs for veg .. The cheapest pc cases I've seen are on amazon .. Just search full tower case the cheapest one is like 18.00 with free shipping its nice and square and tall

Yup going to lst it .. Top it .. And force it into flower at about 2/3 the height of where the bulbs are .. I still have the space in between tte bulbs too for a beefy cola ha ha

7. Hell yeah a Full tower will give you plenty of room to grow!

8. #9 MrCheesyBuds, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2012
    Do u guys think the 2 CFLs are enough? Both are 23w =75w 1600 lumens 5850k .. Should I add more light ? Only growing one plant at a time for now .. Got one of those mosser all in one ph/light/moisture meter .. Ph is around 7.3 .. Moist .. But the light reads 500( don't know in what units doesn't say) that seems low tho

9. You want 100watt CFL equivs minimum and then 50 extra per plant. What I would suggest is to get more powerful bulbs. I found 150 watt equivs (42watt actual) at wal mart for $8.44 a piece put a couple of those and the plants will be happy!

10. Thx !! I'd like to get a better light but it's so hard to find a small enough hps or grow lights to fit in a pc case

11. the biggest flowering CFL i have found so fast is 150 Watt actual and its a 400 equiv. And the largest veg bulb i have found is 42 watts actual 150 equiv.

12. The 150watt actual might get a little too hot for a micro grow in a PC case though. But to each their own. Not to mention the CFLs on the lower end like the 42 watts that I use are just so cheap I can buy Several of the 42 watt bulb for the price of one of the bigger cfl bulbs.

Don't think you should get HPS for a computer case grow. Half the people I talk to usually only do LED bulbs in these size cases but you can get away with good CFLs.

13. What kind of led bulbs? I'd like to know maybe I can switch em .. Thx guys

14. hey! we have a similar setup...

i have 1 plant growing (but started another one) and i'm using 2 CFL lights --- 24W equivalent to 125W.

I used to have 3 of those but it got too hot for a single plant so now I'm down to 2. Is that enough?

15. I think Thts good I read u need at min a 100w per plan and 50 extra additional per plant .. I just ordered 2 200w cfls lol .. Close to 7000 lumens total gonna b in tht Lil box .. Hope it wrks

16. My bulbs were 12$ each where the 42 were 15$ for 4 :\. Must just be a region thing. but it was overall cheaper for me to use the bigger bulbs.

17. Would be better to go with a matte white walls.