my vert cool tube solution

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 1701BUDSTER, Oct 20, 2009.

1. :devious: Hey every body (in the voice of Dr Nick) from the Simpson.
    It's been a long time since been in the city.
    This is my solution to a vertical cool tube. the fan blows all the air right out the top my box. its has no real top just criss cross of wood to hang lights from. passive intake near the bottom .and draws in the air pretty well. this is 1/16 th inch thick piece of. lexan about 16 inchs tall. I'am making one more little taller. it fits just inside the face of the fan. the box is 27w x 24d x7 feet tall. three five gallon buckets. for three plants. and maybe a couple 2liter for fun. this my fifth grow and I'am always changing my box. my first box was 4x3x8 and now I think I might have finally got my optimal box for this light combination.
    veging NLS from KC Brains and some bagseed. at the moment in a different box. soon I'am going switch 12/12 and well update.:smoking:
    1- 250hps
    2- 65watts cfls
    2 -48inch T5s 54 watts each.

Attached Files:

2. cool, looks good. Other then that fans right in the middle of everything. but if its not in the way, Great idea.

3. Have you thought of mounting it inverted? Open a small hole to put the bulb cable through and mount it so the open mouth of the tube is facing down, sucking cool air, and the fan is on top, right below your exhaust/scrubber out. ;)

4. hey rob
    No I haven't. but I been thinking about all kinds of different ways to build one. this was just simple and not hard to build. I like simple. I cranked up the lights and let them run for couple hours and works like charm. and that was about week ago when it was still real hot down here in the south. I don't use scrubber my box is in my out door office.
    and most of my grows are only 3-4 plants.

5. Yo Buds,

Then it's easier to set it up :p

Look, if your temp is right, then you're fine.

But if you ever think you need to cool it down, you might consider mounting this fan as an exhaust, with the bulb hanging inside the tube (fan up, bulb down). I guarantee you this will kill almost all the heat, as long as you have fresh air intakes on your box.

;)

6. That looks like it will help you get tops closer to the bulb, which will help your yield and size of buds. But the heat from the bulb is still in your growspace. An improvement on that would be to exhaust that hot air completely out of the cabinet. If you could get another one of those tubes and attach the two together, making them reach all the way to the top of your cabinet. Cut a hole the size of the tube, and seal that up a bit, and you should be able to cut down your intake and exhaust in the cab to a minimum. You have thought about intake and exhaust to exchange fresh air right? Using fresh cool air to cool is half of it, you need to move that air through your space and exhaust the spent air.

7. qftw :D

8. qftw, ?

9. quote for the win. LOL

10. hey I'am back
    here's a couple shots of the top so air does ciurculate out. into a larger room.
    with a ceiling fan in it. at bottom thiers series of hafh inch holes drilled every half inch. all the across the front. eight inchs high. sorry on pics got lost some where.:smoking::smoking:

work sucks it takes up to much of my time:mad:

Attached Files: