My veggie Garden 2012

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by SplitGenetics, Aug 7, 2012.

1. This years been an interesting growing year for me.. I put up a greenhouse in march but put plastic on it that was too thick, so I will soon get plexiglass and redo that. But this year I tried a different plant for a change, and thats corn. Never grew it before but seems to be doing great, male flowers big and a lot of pollen dropping. First signs of corn coming in also. Every year including this year, I grow Cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, zuccinni, coliflower. Have/had all those this year and I also put Brussel sprouts, cherry tomatoes, hot and bell peppers, and a few other plants. My soil is a mixture of horse manure, compost, lime stone, and Ph2. Not my best year but an acceptable one. A LOT of cucumbers this year as always. I'll post pictures later to show how big some of them are. Also post more pics of the garden later, but for now here's a few pics of the corn and garden..

Attached Files:

2. Some pics of the greenhouse also. Not really doing much in there because of the horrible plastic and the thickness, no point to really grow anything seriously in there. But I'll post pics as I put the plexiglass on it when I get the money to go do that..

Attached Files:

3. My mother had some zuccinni and squash cross this year. Made a few huge squccinni (no idea what they'd be called).

Your garden looks great! Good work.

4. [quote name='"sm00thslp"']My mother had some zuccinni and squash cross this year. Made a few huge squccinni (no idea what they'd be called).

Your garden looks great! Good work.[/quote]

Thats awesome, and thank you very much

5. Those veggies are looking nice! I started my first garden this year and its been going good. Hopefully I'll be building a greenhouse of my own soon :)

6. my mother loves to tell people a story of me planting a bunch of squahs zucchini and watermelon toghether in one hole... a couple of the seeds morphed and we got some mutant plant (she says it was a squash/watermelon cross) that produced some yellow squash rines and sweet watermelon flesh
    smooth just reminded me of that... sweet garden man, and you should definately continually grow more corn every year, good stuff!

7. [quote name='"Random1225"']Those veggies are looking nice! I started my first garden this year and its been going good. Hopefully I'll be building a greenhouse of my own soon :)[/quote]

Thanks good luck with yours

8. [quote name='"oceansgreen"']my mother loves to tell people a story of me planting a bunch of squahs zucchini and watermelon toghether in one hole... a couple of the seeds morphed and we got some mutant plant (she says it was a squash/watermelon cross) that produced some yellow squash rines and sweet watermelon flesh
    smooth just reminded me of that... sweet garden man, and you should definately continually grow more corn every year, good stuff![/quote]

Wow that sounds so awesome lol. And thanks I appriciate it. I wish I had a ZuMelon ;(