Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My vape experience with a Virus

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by stickymagik, Dec 23, 2012.

1. I have a virus, and vaping helped me so very much. Given that everyone's body and situation differs, this helped me a great deal. I figured I would post this to help someone out and share my experience with medical uses. Here it is:

Well it is 4am here and I can't sleep due to slight fever, and nausea from a post nasal drip. Doc thinks I have a virus. Thing is I try not to swallow it and try to cough it up but only so much can do while sleeping and coughing makes my chest feel like it's on fire, so nothing is really working.

I've taken ibuprofen, expectorants, decongestants, etc. (not at all once, over this weekend) but threw it up from the irritated stomach. Have tried just about everything but it is hard to take these harsh meds with nausea so bad.

So I have a sit down and whip out my magic flight launch box to vape since smoke is somewhat damaging. I know cuz I tried and felt like fire spikes in my chest and throat. And the good thing is, the MFLB uses a battery so it only gets hot enough to cook the bud so it is very smooth and cool.

Anyway... almost right after hitting the vape a few times my chest loosened and I began to cough this crap up which is what I desperately need. It is painstaking to cough but needs out. A few minutes later the body aches and shivers are almost non-existent. :) I'm not having hot to cold change nearly as much, and actually feel sleepy, relaxed. And no nausea! And I the stuffiness is draining from my nasal cavities out my nose instead of into tummy.

I wanted to share this because some people act like what works for them is final and definitive for everyone, but that is certainly not the case here. If you are going thru the same as me try vaping at low temp! Or make tea and edibles ;)

Fyi- i used to get sick a lot before i started toking, now I get sick once or twice a year at most and that is without exercising or changing diet, and eating junk food.

Hope this helps someone!