Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My usage is through the roof.. Help me cut back

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by rectaloctopus, Jan 7, 2014.

1. What's up, I have been smoking since 15 or so and i'm 25 now. Smoking everyday for longer then I can remember. The past few months my usage and tolerance have been through the roof.

I really want to cut back or take a T break, any got any idea's to help me out?

* When I smoke, the high lasts about 20 minutes before I find my self packing up another one

* I smoke first thing in the morning and last at night. Plus all through out the day

*  I have a small glass bong and my old bowl broke awhile ago but I just got a new one with a smaller bowl. I can pack a fulll bowl and clear it in one hit, probally why my tolerance is so high. But I don't feel like taking small hits does anything to me so I prefer to take massive ones. The small bowl has helped with how much I use and I find my self using less but still go through it too fast

* This past weekend, On friday night I picked up a quarter of some fire for over a 100, then saturday I picked up another quarter of some alright bud for 50. It was all gone by the end of last night. So that's a half ounce in a few days. I know that can't be normal

* Most of the time I just smoke by my self but I do go over to friend's and chill and smoke. But this weekend I killed the whole half by myself

Any got any ideas to help me cut back? I'm out now and it's only a matter of time before I go get more

2. #2 Z42OM, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014

Just take a T break . See if you can handle it

Then when you come back to weed , keep your tolerance at a healthy balance 

3. #3 rectaloctopus, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014

I quit smoking cigs back in august after being a heavy smoker for years so I know I have the will power. It's just going from doing something every day to not kinda throws me off.

4. Mail me your pot, I'll smoke it free of charge.

5. [quote name="rectaloctopus" post="19296798" timestamp="1389119571"]What's up, I have been smoking since 15 or so and i'm 25 now. Smoking everyday for longer then I can remember. The past few months my usage and tolerance have been through the roof.I really want to cut back or take a T break, any got any idea's to help me out?* When I smoke, the high lasts about 20 minutes before I find my self packing up another one* I smoke first thing in the morning and last at night. Plus all through out the day* I have a small glass bong and my old bowl broke awhile ago but I just got a new one with a smaller bowl. I can pack a fulll bowl and clear it in one hit, probally why my tolerance is so high. But I don't feel like taking small hits does anything to me so I prefer to take massive ones. The small bowl has helped with how much I use and I find my self using less but still go through it too fast* This past weekend, On friday night I picked up a quarter of some fire for over a 100, then saturday I picked up another quarter of some alright bud for 50. It was all gone by the end of last night. So that's a half ounce in a few days. I know that can't be normal* Most of the time I just smoke by my self but I do go over to friend's and chill and smoke. But this weekend I killed the whole half by myselfAny got any ideas to help me cut back? I'm out now and it's only a matter of time before I go get more[/quote]Only way to go through a T break is to suffer.

6. It's just weed dude. It's really not that hard to take a break.

7. phenergan is an outstanding medicine for when cannabis withdrawal kicks in. It'll relieve the nausea and even help the insmonia go away. Ask your doctor about that. And simple over the counters should help with the headache and what not. But the appetite.. Yeah idk how to fix that. You simply won't have one.

Oh and other unmentionables will actually reset cannabis tolerance ;) but I will not talk about those

8. Dude, I would take a month long T break. I know what it feels like to just crave the action of sparking a bowl and inhaling so I use a hookah/ shisha pen with no nicotine (I quit too)  to simulate the whole 'smoking' effect. Afterwards I would limit my self to just smoking at night until you feel ready.

Have you ever heard the phrase, Not everyone is the same?

Very addictive personality+ non stop usage for 10 plus years= dependency

I feel ya bro. We are the same age and I also have an addictive personality in the sense that if I like something I'll do it a lot and get used to doing it a lot. I also am back to smoking cigs after a breakup with my ex-fiance after having quit for 8 months and 11 months before that. I know how hard it is to quit the cigs man, and you did it! So congrats on that! Remember that MJ is not physically addictive. Pretty much any withdrawl you experience during your break will only be in your head. And trust me, quitting cigs is 50x harder than quitting or taking a break from MJ. I've done both, and the MJ breaks were much much easier than quitting cigs, so you can do it.

I understand though, it's like cutting out a major part of what you feel your time with. Take a break, but during that time focus on something else to fill your time. Got a favorite video game? Set a goal and play until you meet it. Figure out a project or something to work on that will take about as long as your t-break is going to be to complete it.

11. Just dont smoke all day. My burning begins after 5pm and ive never had a tolerance problem.Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. ever heard of the phrase will power?

13. I think you'll only really feel the withdrawal for like a good week, maybe a little less. Then you'll proly feel okay again. I'd say just take a week long break.

14. Do y'all hear y'all selves? Over 400 chemicals in cannabis. But none will make you dependent ? At all? It's that type of thinking that actually makes it hard to quit. "Oh it's just weed. It's nothin.... My stomach hurts I can't sleep I hate everyone. I wanna scream at everything just to let out stress... but it's nothin right? Because of the fact it raises anxiety levels leads to PHYSICAL symptoms. Nausea, loss of appetite. Etc

15. been smoking on and off (more on than anything) for approximately 13 years, im 25 now. ill take a t break around end of march/beginning of april just so 4/20 can be a blast. yes its hard, absolutely right, but anything worth doing is. other than a t break, self control is your best tool for cutting back. best of luck

16. Take a month or two t-break and maybe even get a vape.

17. da fuq

18. Try getting a job, that will slow you down.

19. [quote name="scout695" post="19296968" timestamp="1389121267"]It's just weed dude. It's really not that hard to take a break.[/quote]Everyone is different.

ever heard the phrase if you don't have anything positive to add then STFU? Maby stop being an arrogant prick in every post?

I have a vape, I don't use it that often because it takes alot of bud to run the thing.

I have a full time job, but I work very close to home and always am stopping in for something at my shop or for lunch. So when ever I stop in I smoke

I didn't start smoking while at work until this summer because for a few months I was going in much earlier then I normally do. So I would smoke first thing in the morning, then it was at lunch too. Then after you know it I was smoking everytime I stoppd in which can be many times during the day

Idk I have lot about taking a break but it's the winter now, not much to do, I can't go riding. Stuck inside alot of the day so I feel like I would go bananas