My UNIQUE Non-Conventional Grow Design 40 pics

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Dado, Jun 24, 2011.

1. as soon as i get the extra fundage i have a 2 chamber box that i plan on turning into a perpetual box. havent decided on a 250w hid per side or a 400w per side.

2. What kind of fans did you install in those diy filters?

3. wow...this is cool shit man...can't believe I missed this. Very nice design and skills to build it :eek:

I'm betting your homemade AC is gonna work awesome..same concept as an icebox really, just cooling the whole grow box rather then just the lights, way cheaper too :D maybe the people arguing it won't work haven't seen watercooled grows? :smoke:

I'm curious to see what those leds can do..I'm thinking about testing out some of the feit ones at lowes.

4. It was a 10 or 12 inch 3 speed honeywell fan I removed the support and mounted them blowing "out" there at Home Depot for 12 bucks

[​IMG]

5. Hey Dado! This is the first thread I have read entirely from start to finish in a while.... verrrry cool man! +Rep for sure...

They must love you at Home Depot! I can only imagine what the rest of the house looks like, if this is your grow box:D

Constructing my original custom box was definitely one of my favorite parts, but for me, in the end, too much wasted money (not as thorough as yourself). The flexibility of wood/wires/hangers sure beats a tent with 4-4" holes!

Anxiously awaiting some Vegging with you:wave::smoke:

oh yeah... where do you place those carbon filters you made?

6. Yeah I know what you mean, I went through many variations while I cam up with this brainstorm, that cost me money , for my learning mistakes. I'm happy with this , Last year was a good one, but this is the first time I will try a scrog.

The fans I just keep on the floor (like an air exchanger) and they do a superb job, I guess the 3 layers of active charcoal really made the difference

7. Now thats what I like to see!

A mixture of pure dedication and skill. ;)

Loving the LEDs too. Not commonly used cause they're so expensive, but definitely adds to the sweetness of your custom design. :ey:

8. Thank You, I'm firing it up as we speak, but I want to get past the seedling stage before I post an update

9. i am definitely building something like this in a few years time when money permits. :)

10. So ah... Past that seedling stage yet?? :poke:

11. +1 for tommorowland (I think it's called living earth). That ride/state of the art hydroponic exhibit made me want to grow....um....my own "vegitables" for years. There could be or should be a whole thread dedicated to it.

12. #93 Dado, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2011
    I decided to hack the (screw in) LEDS and mount 40 of them in the same area as I previousely had 24 bulbs. I mounted the LED's and the drivers inside 4 inch PVC drain caps (from home depot) , More lights are a good thing !

There is some growing going on under the LEDS, I will post pics very soon

[​IMG]

13. dude seriously... you have one of the coolest grow rooms ever.. and some of the biggest diy stuff and you document nothing...

I just wish you would take a second and walk us threw things... this looks so good... any bud shots?????? man... i feel like we missed out:(

14. holy crap that looks beautiful.

15. I'm an "off the cuff" kind of guy, what might be a good idea to me today can change drastically when I revise it. The revised lighting wiring is 100% more compact then all the self made plugs and power strips (from earlier pictures posted) , there is only 1 main "wire feed" that goes from the lighting to the timer to the power source

The heat generated from the lights is so minuscule that you can't even tell the lights are on.

When I get more organized I will break this down for a more detailed explanation

Thanks Dado

16. I hope you do man... this really is pretty awesome... do you even remember the dollar figure attached to this?

17. #98 Dado, Nov 15, 2011
    These are my pointsettas

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. #99 biff11, Nov 15, 2011
    :eek: Cool! Does it really look that red or is it the camera playing games? Damn you, now I have to go back and re-read this thread I have questions.

Edit; I scanned through the thread but couldn't find out what the make and model of those LEDs are. ?.

19. The LED Lights make the plants look exactly like that , you can see how green they are when I took a picture with the LEDS off.

These are just chinna LEDS, 12 watt each, (they claim)