Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My two cents

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by phantomct, Feb 8, 2010.

1. I'm a 40 year old male. I've been a long time supporter of criminalizing marijuana. After so many years past, my health has declined. Gained weight, sleep disorders, pain (hip/back/joints), depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, vomiting from chronic prostatitis, head aches. I'm on nearly 13 meds, from cardiac to sleep meds to anti-depressants. I've been so depressed that I wanted to kill myself, I actually had everything in motion, all I had to do is start the car. Then I thought of my cats. So I started researching alternative medicines. And came across soft drug marijuana, a natural growing plant. I've a lot of background on it and decided I wanted to try it. So I stopped all my medications for a full month and then started smoking marijuana. I smoked everyday for a month. I noticed that most of my symptoms were alleviated from smoking, except for my severe chronic insomnia that has lasted since 10/04. However, I did noticed that I did sleep better and that I didn't take my sleep meds everyday. I never really liked going out in public and now I can interact without feeling anxious. I did notice an increase in appetite for the first five-six days, but now I noticed that I'm not eating much and that I have lost weight. I'm in the process of having gastric by-pass surgery, so this would be a plus if I could put it off a while.

I'm not a health care professional, however, I feel I do qualify to express my facts about marijuana and the possible good that it can offer. Which in my opinion qualifies me to offer my opinion.
    As an adult who chooses to smoke marijuana after work to relax and sleep, this bill would really help people like me and I know there are thousands like me wanting this passed. Helps control the huge prison system in CT, save money, and stop otherwise innocent people from going to jail for smoking a joint. I feel marijuana is a safe drug compared to alcohol. Alcohol kills or at least can injure someone and I can vouche for that. Plus, alcohol has serious health issues as well as unpleasant side effects. Smoking marijuana has none or at least I haven't experienced any. I feel more relaxed when I smoked. I do support the legalization of marijuana but only to responsible adults. Just like alcohol, consumption by 21 and over. If I was the government, I would charge some kind of membership fee with stipulations. Having a certain amount in your possession and must have a Marijuana I.D. card or something to avoid an infraction. And of course taxing coffee shops who sell. This would bring so much revenue to the government, state and local levels. Even the local towns could charge a marijuana tax for growing. The revenue possibilities are endless.
    Legalizing marijuana is the right thing to do. I support it. Hard drugs like cocaine heroine, etc, I do not support.
    [FONT=&quot]I've since stopped smoking marijuana and went back on my meds and even drank occasionally like I used to. I'm now depressed and miserable and really don't want to live anymore. I didn't feel that way when I was smoking. In the meantime I will suffer or end up dead unless I find a state that will allow me to smoke and live and feel better about myself and to get off these ridiculous prescription drugs.[/FONT]

2. good job man i love people like you who were at there lowest but due too marijuana that has helped them it completely changed there view. Please share your story everywhere tell people share your story its a good one if you don't then its OK but still I hope you get better and keep medicating yourself. + rep

3. phantomct, lets get you even more educated! :hello:

See my sig at the bottom of this post? Click the link and just start reading! You'll love what you find! :D

Granny :wave:

4. I found this one on the net:

My grandmother was suffering from cancer and always hated taking pain medication. My grandma, grandpa, mother father and myself have always frowned upon doing drugs. till one day i told her "why don't you try smoking marijuana" as I was curious to try alternative therapy as she was. she loved it and felt so much better (short version) so one day the family gathered and grandma wanted to smoke a joint so she lit one up in front of everyone. let me tell you something, it really changed the minds of all of us. she was so happy and full of joy and was on less pain meds, which she said that she was now able to tolerate the pain meds while smoking, she gets sick and vomits when taking pain meds. now my whole family lights one up every now and then, i don't not yet, but i will and i support legalization, marijuana saved my grandma she may be dead but it saved her from all that suffering and gave us enjoyment RIP

I wonder where we can forward these kinds of letters, i'm trying to find the person that posted it. we should flood the states with these types of letters.