my two cents on legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by xplicitcontent, Feb 28, 2004.

1. I agree, they really should let it be legal to smoke when someoe is 18 yrs. of age...just like smoking cigarettes.

2. except for the fact no one would do it because theyre putting too much on the line if they get arrested. And if you get arrested and it doesnt get legalized youre fucked. if people are having an easy enough time smoking w/o getting in trouble now, no one is going to say a thing about it.

3. see what i think they will do is legalize it slowly. like first medical use will be allowed in all states. then they will decriminalize it across all the states(not all at the same time of course) then they will legalize it across all the states the same way. then maybe growing it will be legalized(dont count on it) i mean its not like your going to wake up one day and see WEED IS LEGAL EVERYWHERE on the headlines of the newspaper. its a long tidius process that will take years.

4. i agree completely
    were already starting with delegalization in alaska!

5. I'm fine the way it is. Just don't be an idiot and don't get caught. If it were to be legalized and sold in stores like Czar Raps-A-Lot I would still buy better stuff from a dealer.

6. You would not say that if you were in jail for possession of pot. Or even if you had been arrested before. Sure, you can say, "I like weed being illegal, it makes it more exciting" now, when you're feeling rebellious smoking a jay in your basement, but you'd change your views in a second if you knew how much it sucks to have the real threat of jail time staring you in the face. Not to mention the fact that if you get convicted of a drug crime while you're in college, you lose all your federal funding. And heaven help you if you are unfortunate enough to live in the states where any amount of possession equals a felony.

Now, I would consider decriminalization (i.e. possession = traffic ticket, a civil charge with nothing added to your record) just about as good as full legalization. But to say, "the laws now are fine" is ridiculous. You have no idea.

7. ok time for someone to finally come out and say it. first off the dude that thinks everyone should smoke a j outside their local police station.....i dont know too many people that would get gang banged for a week to legalize anything...and on top of it all so what if prisons are over flowing guess what they take your tax money and while you're in prison your parents tax money to make more prisons! gee it sucks when you actually think things through huh. and about selling in stores...yeah right if i had a job at a store that sold shit i'd gank it all, employee theft would be the biggest issue there. drug tests for employment and drug tests for some colleges more than likely wouldnt become obsolete either. just because its legal doesnt mean that companies want so called marijuana "abusers" working for them. and the age thing, well yeah joinig the armed services at 18 and not being able to drink is incredibly hypocritical in the sense that youre protecting freedoms you dont have. and finally the other age issue, this is the way i think it should be. at the age 16 in ohio you can become emancipated from your parents by having a job, a license, a vehicle in your name, insurance, and a permanent residence that is yours or a shared residence, but strictly with out your parents or gaurdians what ever it is you have. now at any time that you have those five
    things you should have the right through proof of responsibility to buy and drink alchohol, and buy and smoke cigarettes. now if marijuana were to be legalized it should be legal to grow and posess in your home or on your property no matter how many acres you have. and selling it from your home or having it in your vehicle should apply the same way as alchohol. open container, same as paraphanelia. if you have nothing to smoke out of in your vehicle then why would it matter? i dont know too many people that actually eat marijuana unless they get creative with food. selling it should be like having a garage sale. its your property, you dont want/need it or you want to make some money so what is the big deal?

8. So what ur telling me... is that if weed is mass produced... we won't have any good buds left???? hey buddy, alcohol is mass produced and i've had some pretty good drinks and they are classified as top quality, so before u go name calling... think about the economic value that this could be... stores would need producers, and growers like myself could start companies and make decent money doing something that we love... so should pot be legalized? yeah, it's no different than alcohol, or any prescribed "medication" that a doctor would give you that could affect ur motor skills... the first post had the right idea with the strict rules... but it shouldn't just be for marijuana it should be just as strict for booze and prescribed "medications" as well.

9. First off, 21 and over, bottom line. That's because you got less of a chance of fucking off when you become more responsible at 21 rather then 18 going into college. Your still gonna do it anyways jus like ya do now and drinkin underage. It doesn't matter, but it looks better in terms of it being legal. Last thing we need is every senoir blown after graduation.

Also, I believe pot will be distributed like alchohol or specialty cigars. They're will be shops that serve the freshest and top greens will you'll still find regs at a jewels or 7-11. Hell, they might jus make fresh blunts everyday with dro or somthin, but i kno there will be major competetion with a vast variety of types.

heaven