Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My try at tincture - doesn’t seem right

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Jsaunders, May 18, 2019.

1. #1 Jsaunders, May 18, 2019
    Last edited: May 18, 2019
    followed the directions but doesn’t end up like I would think- well it was the first go at it

7grams weed with 151 recipe

Attached Files:

2. It will be impossible to figure out what went wrong without the recipe you followed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The 1072 page tincture thread
    7 grams / 3 oz 151proof

Decarb/ freeze/ add booze/ sit 2 hrs plus / strain/ flush with booze again/. Water bath

4. I will be trying it with 190 proof I’m getting some from down south- none here in New England

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. So how did it end up? And what did you think it was going to be like?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. If you didn't take it down to oil then reconstitute with fresh 151 you didn't follow the directions for a tincture made from 151. What you have now is watered down as the alcohol evaporates faster than the water. If you don't take it to oil it's just a watered down tincture mess,

• Like Like x 1
  7. I will boil it down longer then - thank you

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. [​IMG]
    Freeze weed and alcohol separately.
    [​IMG]
    Potato ricer for squeezing.

[​IMG]

With 151 or 190 I do a single 10 second wash are use it as is with no attempts at reduction.as Tincture.
    For RSO I distill off the alcohol and evaporate anything left then add Coconut oil.

BNW

• Like Like x 2