My Topping Results

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by juice86, Sep 28, 2010.

1. So first off this is my first grow, The strain is cheese(that's all the cups said on them from the club was "cheese".) I have been on GC an unhealthy amount of time in the last couple weeks and can't get enough of it, its awesome here.
    So I had my way at topping and the results were not as expected.

This was done about a week ago I think
    006.JPG

So where I topped it there has been no new growth, instead what happened is the growth that was right below it took over and became the new top. All 7 of them did not top in a conventional way but 2 did this where the growth stopped and secondary growth became the new top.
    Thinking I should have topped a little lower down and maybe this would not have happened. After I started seeing this I fimmed a few of them and they seem to be responding better to that.
    If I haven't seen new growth in a week should i just move the old top aside and make room for the new one?

Attached Files:

• 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      698.3 KB
      Views:
  2. the fw times I have topped I was not as happy as when I fimmed. However, it was only a couple times I did it. I just hate cutting on them, but I am going to try it more in the future along with LST due to limited tent space. HOpe things work out.

JaK