My Top Chef Competition Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by E n i g m a, Jan 31, 2011.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szJmbkgs3uY]YouTube - South Park - Creme Fraiche Oh Yeah[/ame]

2. Would you all stop polluting this thread with south park jokes? :confused:

3. I won again in the elimination round! I got to finals with professional judges and the news there, $100 cash reward among other things.

Beat my competitor 95 to 91

I cooked Chicken Cordon Bleu with this recipe
    Cooks.com - Recipe - Simple Chicken Cordon Bleu
    Can't go wrong if you follow this recipe, except make sure to add corn starch or flour to the sauce or it will never thicken as someone commented.

They were very impressed that I had never cooked this before and don't cook at all anyway.
    One judge said that it is hard to cook chicken perfectly but I did, juicy.
    Taste was great, I had some, amazing.

4. #25 E n i g m a, Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2011
    I don't mind, thank you, but already called in the recipe. :cool:

Sole Steamed with Tomato-Leek Sauce Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Plus I was already advised not to cook a pasta dish because there have already been so many, including my first round dish.

5. Looks good. I love tomato-leak soup. Good luck, when does it go down?

6. 16th
    Same day as my probation :(
    Trying to work something out...

7. wat do u have to work out?

but good luck mang

8. If you cut a pepper into like 1/4ers then cooked them on a bbq or maybe on broil in the oven with feta cheese and pepper until the edges turn charred

they are really good
    Good luck

9. Read the post right above yours ;)

10. Tomorrow is the big final competition.
    A little nervous, but I will do fine and I shall be victorious! :devious:
    They said it was going to be packed! The news will be there. They better not try to interview me while I am cooking, I will have to merk some people on camera...lol ...no comment...
    Which is in start contrast to how it has been which is a about ten people or less.
    I just hope they are not all there when I can cooking, looking at me and shit...:hide:
    Eyeballin my damn technique, DON'T SWEAT THE TECHNIQUE! :metal:

11. JUST WON THE TOP CHEF COMPETITION!!
    I was on the Channel 4 news at 6:30

Got a big trophy(first ever) $100 Winne Dixie gift card, $30 Walmart gift card...AND I get to work with a chef for a day at the fucking HYATT(like 4/5 star hotel)!!
    Ownage ;)

12. Congratulations :) I'm really happy for you! Have you considered going to culinary school and being a chef for a living? Chefs with their Red Seal earn a fair chunk of cashish!

13. thats sick, but what i meant earlier was what did you have to work out with your probation today that would prevent you from competing

good job tho

14. #35 E n i g m a, Feb 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2011
    Actually guys, it's a $100 Simon's Visa Debit card, a $25 Winne Dixie(Grocery store) gift card and a $15 Walmart gift card. :hello:
    Also a tee with 1st annual Top Chef competition on it and a Pampered Chef glass measuring cup/batter/mixing bowl w/ a rubber lid.

I have...I will learn more about that from being shadowed by a real chef for a day at an extremely expensive hotel.
    I'm pretty sure the Red Seal certification is just a Canadian thing. But Canada is sweet! lol

The time conflicted, but they called my PO for me and she got me in there early and keep me short.

15. Congratulations. If you get the chance, read the book "Kitchen Confidential" by Anthony Bourdain. He is a famous chef himself, and lived a lifestyle very similar to what you would expect a GC member to have lived, ie sex, drugs, and munchies. In the book he has good advice for people considering becoming a chef.

16. The whole Red Seal thing may very well be a Canadian thing. It's the highest rank you can receive from culinary school.

I wish you all the best!

17. Congrats dude!!! Sounds awesome :D you need to cook for me LOL.

18. Thanks Royksopp, I just cooked my Chicken Cordon Bleu and romaine/spinach salad with honey/garlic vinegarette for my mom, her boyfriend, my aunt, one of my uncles, his friend, my cousin, my grandmother, and I made one for bob my grandpa but he will never eat anything I cook...he's just plain contrary as they say lol
    They all loved it, as they should :devious: muahahahaha

19. When do you get to try a day at an expensive hotel being shadowed? That's going to be suuuuuper cool!! I totally started drooling reading about the chicken cordon bleu and romaine/spinach salad. Mmmm mmmmmm :yummy: