Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My tolerance is high, so i can't be...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Lucent, Jan 23, 2009.

1. My problem:
    My tolerance is preventing me from getting as high as I once could.

My question:
    How can i lower my tolerance quickly?

I am just looking for ways that may have helped others lower their tolerance.

I know taking a few days off will help significantly, but is there any other way to speed the process up because I am not sure i can go a whole day without smoking mentally.

SECOND QUESTION:
    would cutting back on my consumption noticeably help without forcing me to stop smoking for several days?

Thanks a lot.

2. Just take a T-Break... it may suck for a while but it will be totally worth it in the end.

3. I'm thinking that's what im going to have to do.
    How long should i take a break for?

I'm on day one and i'm sitting here dying. I wanna toke so badly... :C

4. a week will do you good, although when i had a REALLY bad tolerance this summer i would notice changes after 2-3 days, but things would go back to normal right quick. just keep your mind off weed, smoke more squares(if you smoke already), and find a new hobby for the week. Exercise will help it go down faster, so will anything that speeds up you metabolism. Good Luck.

5. It gets easier after the first 10 days. The last break I took was a month long, and that definitely helped. I got the cravings, but after a few days they become easier to control.

6. #6 Lucent, Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2009

Thank you. Metabolism, huh? I have a very high metabolism, hopefully that will help.
    I've never really taken a break before, but i hope it helps...

EDIT: i don't smoke cigarettes. :(

7. keep your mind off of it. Not many stoners i know go clubbin, but it works when your on t-breaks. Get drunk and hook up with some bitches. That should work for two weeks.

8. My friend had this exact same problem.
    How he got through it:
    accountability.
    Have someone check up on you, better yet, go on a t-break with a buddy.
    At first you will be going nuts mentally, but even after like 3 days you'll be able to get through it a lot easier.
    Just DO IT, and then after a week or so - sit back, relax, and take a nice long pull of pure joy.

You just have to force yourself.

9. Yeah. That's what im finding out. This is my first t-break ever, so it's pretty frustrating for me.

How long should i break for? And if i smoke a little, does that ruin my entire t-break and i have to start over? :) lol. Of course, it all depends on me as a person, but in general will it fuck up my break?

10. Don't make a sad face because you don't smoke cigarettes. That should be a happy face! :)

11. Haha.
    Thank you, you've made my night.

12. my last t-break lasted 3 years [​IMG]

13. I bet that was awesome when you got back into it...

I'm jealous as fuck.

14. Take a break or find better smoke. Those are your only two options.

15. Exercise is key, as is drinking anything that will flush it out of your system. Ive heard Cranberry juice works but I drink so much of it anyway I'd never notice a difference.

16. Hey, suggestion, if you grow like me you can make brownies and eat them instead, WICKEd body buzz if you do it the right way im sure u can get a recipe on here but im sure youll enjoy every second of that just like smoking, and when you get the munchies just remember that you can always eat more!! :) hahahaha just a suggestion

17. Of course, when you live with your parents this could be a little tough.
    :)
    But i hear you, when i move out.. no more smoking for me, vaps and edibles only.

18. #19 DelcozeHighKing, Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2009
    I'm sure everyone is different, but I'm always confused when I hear Tolerance....

I've been smoking dank every day, multiple times a day, for 10 years. I take one or 2 hits and I'm stoned. I smoke a bowl in the morning, and I'm still comfortable stoned at dinner time.

Is it just me (28 year old 6' 230lb male, non-smoker)? Oh yeah, i've never taken a "T-break" either.

19. Everyone's chemistry is different.