My Toking Tool Purchase??

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Korben, Jun 27, 2011.

1. I am relatively new to toking and have been creeping around the forums to try and learn things before I ask any complete noobish questions. However, I guess I failed so I am going to just ask. I typically just smoke out of my little bubbler from my local shop. However, I am ready to step up my tools a little bit. I have been thinking about a vaporizer and I have essentially narrowed it down to two: the SSV or the Purple Days. Let me say I have never seen, used, or know anyone that has a vaporizer, unfortunately. In my current situation I will mostly smoking alone :(. But i won't let that get me down. I have looked at the models pretty close it seems the Purple Days will allow me to conserve my stash but the SSV has some pretty nice accessories like the glycerin cooling unit. I guess my question would be what advice would you give to a complete novice who was looking to step into the vaporizing world?

2. I have the SSV and I can personally vouch that it is amazing.

People will say that the purple days is also good and will save more.
    But let me tell you, the SSV already saves on weed AND has a ceramic heating element.

If it were up to me, I'd stick with my SSV over any other vape to be honest.

3. They are both known to be good. The SSV is a great whip style, and the PD is a great log style. If you want to leave it on all day, and conserve a lot I would go with PD, if you want to turn it on before using, have temp control, and not conserve quite as much then SSV is a great choice.

4. The reason why the SSV is good is because different types of weed need different temps.
    You might notice sometimes the hit isn't where you want it for your current pick up so you can change it very easily.

To date I've never combusted my weed either, the SSV is pretty forgiving with what temp you put it at.

5. Is the amount of saving significantly different between the two? Also, like I said earlier I am a complete novice. Is one significantly easier to use than the other? One think about the SSV is the cooling attachments I would really like a nice cool hit. I have seen some water accessories for the PD on youtube but I cannot find where to purchase them. Also, is the only difference between the SSV and the SSV wave rider series the graphics?

6. The vapor is always cool with a vaporizer.

I would expect the PD to save a bit more but I wouldn't know since most people only own one vape lol.

PD=Saves more weed.

SSV=Strong vapor hits.

It takes like more than an hour using good weed to finish a bowl on the SSV.
    I'm pretty lost right now to be honest lol.

7. Lost? I am sure it is my fault. I am probably just asking dumb question. Just need to pick one and go with it I suppose.

8. No I mean I'm lost because I'm vaping right now and I'm super high lol

All I can tell you is the SSV has a ceramic heating rod so the vapor is as pure as it can get pretty much.

The taste of it is pretty incomparable since it's so clean tasting.

9. The PD is said to be more efficient, but I wouldn't worry much about the vape being cool. Vape is pretty easy to inhale all in all, the only time I even get a tickle in my throat is if I let it get pretty thick in a bong, straight on its no problem at all. If you ever wanted a cool smoke both can be attached to bongs via adapters anyway.
    I have also heard there is a slight learning curve with the PD, in that you have to draw slowly I believe, but its not supposed to be bad. Either would be a great piece, I would go with whichever sounds better, conserve more, or temp control. If they both sound good...go with the one you like the looks of better.
    Do you already have a tube, and if so do you plan on vapor-bonging?

10. I don't have a tube. I was thinking of getting the glycerin cooling apparatus with the SSV. I may get to vapor-bonging later on.

11. NYCDeisel needs to get in here. I know the SSV and DBV are fairly similar and she has the DBV and PD.
    This is a post from her about those too, not the SSV.
    I don't know what the differences are between the DBV and SSV besides the angle of the wand, I just know they're similar so I think this is a good thing to read and consider.

12. :)

As in that quote, they are so different, its not very fair to compare them in the way you want OP.

Its best if you got to FC[fuckcombustion.com] and read for a while until you have a better idea of what you want.

I am on that site as well, and its MUCH easier to get good answers about vapor related stuff over there(still love GC though :gc_rocks:)

goodluck, I hope you find what you are looking for.

13. Thanks Deisel I will head over to Fuckcombustion.com and do some more research. haha, I feel like i am buying a car or something.

14. It's still an investment!

15. Exactly, when I see a vaporizer its a part of your life, to be used and enjoyed for years to come!

16. Good points... I am just so new to this I hope I make the right decision. I think I am going with the SSV since it seems to have a smaller learning curve. From what I have read so far.

17. Every vape has a learning curve, the good part of the SSV is that it's pretty hard to combust the weed (I've brought the temp up to 4 o clock before too)
    The SSV is the best whip type vape on the market.

You really will enjoy the vaporizer.