My tokin days are over...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Americandutchyz, Apr 13, 2012.

1. #1 Americandutchyz, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2012
    4 days ago I lit up a joint and expected the usual results.. chuckling to a dumb movie and munchin out.

Instead, I experienced severe derealization. I felt like I was watching reality from a long ways away, like my body was an inanimate object. Very scary, and I thought I was going full on psychotic until I googled it and found out what it was.

Its now 4 days later and I still have a constant, medium feeling of disconnection from reality, everything also feels unfamiliar, almost as if I'm in familiar places for the first time, but I've lived in this specific apartment for 4 months.. even my mothers house here, feels unfamiliar. I also feel like myself before I smoked that joint is a long lost friend, that I'll never be able to track down again.

Any kinds of drugs contributes to it.. so I'm completely off of everything, cigarettes, alcohol, weed, unmentionables..

I know marijuana wasn't the cause of this, it most likely triggered it, marijuana cannot give you a mental disorder, you have to be predisposed to it. So I don't blame weed.. I just think its unfortunate that now I cannot enjoy any drugs at all.. and I might have this for the rest of my life..

I don't know if it'll stay or not, perhaps it will fade with time, perhaps not. Its not very debilitating though, I can still work and function, so I know I'm lucky and that many are much, much worse off than I am.

We had some good years mary jane, I'll miss you like I would miss a small child of mine. :(

Toke one for me guys:hello:

2. give it a week

3. A few 'legal' unmentionables, which are cheaper than cannabis when bought in bulk and are also easy to use to 'intensify' a batch of herb, can cause these feelings as well, and can upset your chemical/hormonal balance. And sometimes, these things even happen temporarily, with or without being triggered by a substance whether it's cannabis, coffee, sugar, or even too much emotional stimuli.

So don't blame yourself, or your mental stability, or even the herb just yet, but especially don't blame your mental stability or an assumed genetic predisposition. You can convince, and put yourself in a rut that way, by assuming the worst about something that you may or may not have much control over.

Before jumping to conclusions, just continue as planned and avoid sensory/mind-altering substances for a good while if possible, try to eat and keep healthy, and see how you feel in a few weeks. Hopefully, you'll level back out. :)

Good luck!

4. Just give it a month mon

But start up slowly

If it happens again then quit

Sorry man

5. #5 Americandutchyz, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2012
    Hmmm, well I live in Holland but maybe the coffeeshop did do that.. Its always possible because they get their weed from gro ops as well. Its just legal to sell in a coffeeshop not to distribute and grow.

No I'm trying to not jump to any conclusions, I just got some of my questions answered by helpful people on the web, and I'm keeping it to that for now, until I see if its here to stay or not.. because like you said theres a chance it will fade and hopefully its nothing and will! :)

Honestly, I wouldn't have the nerve to toke again even if I wanted to. That experience was possibly the worst of my life, and I still experience the intense feeling coming on but I stop it before it begins.. However that has been slowly getting better, so I'm staying optimistic.

6. Had a similar experience the feelings didn't last after the high though took a month break from the herb and was good. Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy the herb again someday. Best of luck.

7. I get this sort of feeling all the time when i smoke. add to the constant paranoia i had before, and the way it affects my whole body for the remainder of my highs and it's almost paralyzing XD

don't worry though, i'm sure this'll pass, up to you if you're brave enough to get back to smoking, i wouldn't blame you if you don't.

8. trust me man you change always i mean life is different everyday, just do the drugs who cares if you change ??

wtf u been smoking

9. lol.just.lol.

Severe depersonalization is extremely debilitating do your homework before you open your mouth.. :wave:

10. just quit straight up everything.
    go get high on life its much more rewarding and you end up doing and learing way more.
    sure ganja opens your mind to a certain extent but there comes a time when you gotta quit drugs and move onto other things... probbly gonna get flamed for this seeing as it is a ganja forum.
    I stopped everything and trust me its much more rewarding I end up learing so much more and experience many new things... but that might just be me

I'd take it as a sing that it's your time to move on and find ways to get yourself high without external substances

goodluck mayng

11. #11 Americandutchyz, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2012
    Thats exactly what I did man. I quit cigs/weed/alcohol/unmentionables, I'm 100% sober now, all sober fun lmao.

The symptoms of depersonalization aren't gone yet, but everyday they fade a bit more, last episode I had was yesterday in line at the grocery store, but it didn't last long, and I was fine the rest of the day, now its 5 pm the next day, and I'm just feeling the mild symptoms... with any luck, by the end of the week this will have run its course.

I'm honestly feeling a hell of a lot better.. your right! I mean nothing against weed, but its time for me and drugs to part ways.

12. Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. It was a very strong sense of disconnection from reality. Kind of like playing a video game in first-person, then switching to third person, it was like I was standing behind myself and watching myself do things. Also, nothing looked real, it all looked like it was simulated or faked and any sort of situation felt weird, like it wasn't happening the way it should. At first I thought it might be the weed, since I don't do alcohol usually and keep away from unmentionables, but then I started to get this feeling at random times, even when I took a T break. I'm not sure what it is, but I've been smoking again and it hasn't happened for a while. Just give it a week or two and you should be good.

13. Buddy I live like this 24-7 about a billion times worse than what your fucin crying over like a pusssy lol? To be honest your making a huge deal about this.... I think this is comparable to a scrap book journal of Photographs of turds/fecal matter that have came out of your butt over the years but obviously not the same situation at all. My point is why the fuc are you like trying to fix something that is not really broken? Do you like vomit when you eat food also? Or idk breathe water when you go swimming because like fuc how the body works let's just force H20 in them suckers instead of waiting to go for more air at the surface MAYBE I am as brain damaged and trippin as OP idk I guess I should stop doing ALL DRUGS right erbody? :smoke:

14. you can't even spell fuck nobody cares what you think

15. #15 Americandutchyz, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2012
    Well, I'm sorry you have to live like that, but if you do live with it I don't see how you can be ridiculing me for "crying like a pussy" when you yourself know how fucked up it is.

As I'm sure you know if you truly suffer from this there are varying degrees that people can experience depersonalization. Just because you have a very severe version of it (and if this is true much respect to you because I got a small taste and could barely handle it), doesn't mean mine wasn't any less fucked up or scary?

Your not making much sense here so I don't really see what your on about.

It also kind of pisses me off that you react like this because I tried to very specifically make sure I wasn't blowing my experience out of proportion for that very reason.
    Notice that I wrote this:
    And honestly this shit is very "all-in-your-head" and your post kinda made me feel like shit again so get the fuck out of here with that shit.

16. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

17. Its called a sense of unreality. It comes from anxiety it happens to me sometimes so i asked my ma and thats wat she told me bcuz she suffers from the same thing somtimes. Look up online things you can do to stop it.

18. I have it, you get over it when it first happens it's crazy but you get used to it

19. Yeah I experienced severe derealization at one point similar to what you were, it was triggered after an acid trip, but even when I smoked afterwards I would feel like I was having flashbacks.

Its been a few years and I still smoke like any other, sometimes I can't help but feel paranoid that I might slip into that state, but I manage I guess. You learn to appreciate weed for what it is, a psychoactive substance, not a cure-all or end-all plant.

20. You're breaking out of your ordinary mindset, and the way in which you previously viewed and thought about the world, seen yourself differently, looked at everything around you differently, and you didn't know what it was about.

Now things seem different because when you look at them they still seem different, everything looks more like individual objects or things look more behind themselves, all you've done is broken out of your cultural programming, you're seeing the real side to things.

Not the A,B,C way that they feed it to you through the tube and free radio.