my thoughts on the downed chinook helicopter and it's passengers,

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chicken, Aug 12, 2011.

1. There's absolutely zero proof besides what those in power say. Those in power say a lot, and lie on a constant basis.

Besides the point I was talking about this anyway, Crash Landed Stealth Helicopter

2. lol another conspiracy theorist... wonderful

3. So because there is zero proof you can claim your side is true? That's like saying I see a UFO, but I think it's an alien from another world, most likely, with other intelligent life forms.

4. I don't know who it was on the team that went after OBL, but I so still have friends on the Teams.
    not the same guys.

5. #25 Noxnoctum, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2011
    I kinda doubt it was the same people man I mean there's quite a few SEALs like someone already mentioned...

Several thousand I believe.

Honestly I'm a bit skeptical it was even SEALs that did the raid normally Delta does that kind of stuff. Delta's even more "covert" than the SEALs. Unlike the SEALs you can't find training videos and stuff of them, there's almost no info on them at all. They haven't even been known as Delta for a while IIRC, probably because they were getting too much media attention.

Though on the flipside I do know a guy who was literally on the aircraft carrier when the team that did the job came back... so that does suggest it was Navy. He didn't get to see anything though they made everyone clear the deck.

6. They are and always have been known as special forces operational detachment delta.
    SEAL team 6 is THE elite counterterrorism unit of american armed forces. Why would they send in an entirely different unit with entirely different training and purpose to accomplish a task another unit has been trained for?

7. No...

I never claimed truth just my opinion, all of you are claiming truth however.

Did you even read what I posted? If the SEALs truly went after OBL, then they were in a Helicopter that crashed afterwards. If it wasn't them in that helicopter then who was?

8. #28 LurkMode7.62, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2011
    1st-SFOD-D, also referred to as CAG (combat Applications Group) is Army. These are the guys also referred to as Delta.
    SEAL team 6 is NAVY, DEVGRU.
    They do the same jobs. They cross-train a lot. The have slightly different ways of working.
    why put all your eggs in one basket?

9. I think we're talking about two different helicopters. I'm talking about the Chinook that went down recently. Different guys than the ones that went after OBL.

10. Naw they're called CAG usually at least in DOD circles.

And you're wrong about the SEALs... Delta was from the ground up modeled after the SAS to be counter-terrorism. SEALs were originally more focused on frogmen type activities when they were still UDT (clearing beach obstacles prior to Normandy etc.). Trust me man I used to be completely obsessed with this stuff and read books on it all the time. They switched more to guerrilla stuff during Vietnam.

There's also way more SEALs than there are Delta operators and DOD doesn't even acknowledge CAG's/Delta's existence.

Now though they're both used counter-terror almost exclusively.

11. Notice how everybody's calling this the largest loss of life in Afghanistan, when we've actually killed 5 times this amount in a day?

12. Well those are dirty camel jockeys we don't care about them cmon man get with the program.

13. Well according to Garrison they're inbred religious animals so they don't count as people.

14. Only 5 times as many? I pay good tax money for them to have a higher kill ratio.

15. U.S. strikes killed 140 villagers: Afghan probe | Reuters

Of the 140 murdered civilians on May 4th, 2009, 22 were adult males. 93 were children.

You can't ask for a better k/d ratio than that. :rolleyes:

16. They were from the same SEAL team, but not the same SEALs who killed bin Laden.

And the identities of the guys who took out bin Laden have not been made public (and likely won't be), meaning that if the government wanted to kill them as part of a cover up there would be no point in even making a fake news story about it, since we don't know who they are and would never know if they died.

17. Son, do you mean to call those terrorists a loss of life? Pa-lease...:smoking:

18. Father, are you making sarcasm?

:bongin:

19. There is always room for improvement. Were those little kids or just small terrorists?

20. i wonder if you would say this if the President was someone you liked.