My thoughts on how to solve the fukushima disaster

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by ScriabinAnime, Nov 18, 2013.

1. What if mushrooms break down otherwise non-biodegradable matter? it's already been proven essentially, with plastic diapers, poop, and more.

Anyway, what if we replaced diapers with spent fuel rods?

So in other words, use the fuel rod material as a substrate for mushrooms.

If you peed on it, you would quickly find out right?

Wrong, because would catch on fire immediately; fuel rods need to be kept cool constantly by cooled liquid.

My theory: what if we replaced an enormous amount of cooling water with cooled urine? a TON of cooled urine, to run out for a while.

The urine would oxidize/break down/disassemble the metals a bit, "biodegrade" it gradually, into the urine stream. But the metal didnt actually disappear; it's still in the urine.

But NOW, the metal can be used as a suitable substrate!!!!

Mushrooms would probably automatically grow from the urine waste outside the reactor, into tons of fungus; many that grow with radiation energy, likely even growing green!

All in all, this would essentially de-atomize, disassemble, reset the failed matter that is nuclear waste and turn it back into usable matter in a very quick amount of time.

Thoughts?

2. what about the waste that is already in the ocean?

3. You can improve soil and radiation with mushrooms, but i dont know about on that scale. It certainly wouldnt be a quick fix by any means, but it isnt a bad thought.

4. Why the fuck would they build a nuclear facility beside the sea anyway? Clearly was a accident waiting to happen.

5. in their defense they really dont have a whole lot of space that isn't by the sea.

6. Or we could stop continuing to blow this out of proportion almost three years after this "disaster" happened. ... Just a thought.

7. It's a little late to be solving that problem.

8. you know whats cool, dead sea animals washing up on shore. Hmm how does this happen. Personally i believe the radiation is still moving in the ocean. I wouldn't buy tuna from japan....im just saying.

9. Eh do doesn't sound like an amazing idea. Sounds like random stuff tossed together.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. They sorta do its called in-land. Japan isn't just coast.

11. are you crazy you know there is a shit load of radiation still leaking out. Most of America is to dumbed down what that equals I will stop here before I make you think to hard.

12. pfft its in the middle of the fucking ocean, might as well be.

13. There are a lot of legit solutions that don't involve shrooms.

It seems that using a liquid under normal pressure and conditions would work a lot better than the designs we use today which is basically fighting to keep the system from NOT blowing up.

Thorium has been regarded by many to be the best possible alternate nuclear energy source. It would have prevented Fukushima and would have produced far less waste than we have using uranium. I suggest you read up on Thorium, to me its very interesting.

14. The problem at Fukushima can be fixed. For every problem there is a solution. 

However, when you have very disgusting and evil entities behind the veil planning and executing the destruction of worlds, there is nothing that can be done because they will execute their plans no matter what. Fukushima's disaster is man made 100%. 

15. Fukushima melt­down is warn­ing to the world, says nu­clear plant op­er­a­tor...
    U.S. Sec­re­tary of En­ergy Ernest Moniz and Tokyo Elec­tric Power Co Pres­i­dent Naomi Hi­rose wear­ing pro­tec­tive suits as they in­spect TEPCO's Fukushima Dai­ichi nu­clear power plant. Photo: REUTERS/Tokyo Elec­tric Power Co
    The man in charge of Japan's crip­pled Fukushima Dai­ichi nu­clear plant has warned that the melt­down of the plant in 2011 con­tains im­por­tant lessons for the British gov­ern­ment and its plans to build new nu­clear power sta­tions.

Naomi Hi­rose, pres­i­dent of the com­pany that runs Fukushima, Tokyo Elec­tric Power Com­pany (Tepco), said the triple melt­down fol­low­ing the earth­quake and tsunami in Japan was a “warn­ing to the world” and that Britain's nu­clear in­dus­try must be “pre­pared for the worst”.

Speak­ing to the Guardian, he said that de­spite what the nu­clear in­dus­try and the pub­lic wanted to be­lieve, nu­clear power was not 100 per cent safe.

"But we have to ex­plain, no mat­ter how small a pos­si­bil­ity, what if this [safety] bar­rier is bro­ken? We have to pre­pare a plan if some­thing hap­pens … It is easy to say this is al­most per­fect so we don't have to worry about it. But we have to keep think­ing: what if …" he told the paper.