Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

my third qwiso run

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by HxCurt, May 10, 2012.

1. [​IMG]

Used a half ounce of shake I got with a cheap QP of dank, evaporated for 24 hrs in a Pyrex dish. My best so far. Thoughts?

2. looks pretty good man, how long was the soak/shake?

3. You weight it out?

Looks well done to me

4. according to a tutorial here, I soaked for 30sec, shook for 30sec, and filtered. It was a large dish so it evaporated easily and came up in mostly shards. My other ones were icky tarry blobs, hard to deal with!

Thanks for the comments.ill weight it now.

5. 2.52g. Probably closer to 2.75 if I had scraped every last bit out of the dish.

6. I'm still at the tar stage in my qwiso making attempts. What did you do differently to get the shard?

7. From a half oz? :hello:

8. I was patient! If its a big dish it's spread thin and dries real fast , I'd you give it 20 or 24 hours it'll be like scraping sticky shards. Of course where the whateverthefuck congregated I still got a little tarry shit, but maybe like 80% less. Much much much better taste!

And yeah, half o. Is that a good ratio?

9. For anyone interested, the first pic here is right after straining. You can see where the tarry stuff will be. The second is hours later after evaporation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. It calculates to 18% which I say is real solid. I really prefer tane and usually pull 20% yield at least . But that's from mid grade buds.

That's why I think it's good, cause ya used shake. I made a batch of qwiso with shake once and it was total shit lol. This post and all Cheeches qwiso really make me wanna give it another go though

And solid advice on the bigger dish, I'll definitely use oneif I try it again

11. Cool man. Fyi, this was quality shake, really just broken up buds. (Extremely dry buds and had been shipped) - not leafy material.

12. So if I yielded 18%... Does that mean my pot has roughly an 18% thc content? Could it be that easy? Haha

13. 18% return of your original amount :smoke:

14. haha noooo, figuring out those numbers requires GC/MS testing, you got 18% of the weight of the total product in, back in oil, and the oil isnt 100% thc lol

15. I wish, soggy!

16. hows it shmoke mange

17. [quote name='"HxCurt"']I wish, soggy![/quote]

One thing ill recommend is a shorter soak and shake, or looking into a better way of filtration. Stuff is still dissolving when its being filtered and can lower quality.

18. looks good man kinda jealous im too at the black tary stage of qwiso'ing