MY THIRD GROW JOURNAL "Blueberry and Haze x Skunk#1"

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by WolverineGrower, May 16, 2008.

1. Starting my third grow and hopefully wont run into the problems i had during grow one and two. So here is the specs of the grow.

FLOWER:
    3'6" x 3'6" x 7'6" grow tent
    6" cool tube w/ 400w HPS
    4" vortex fan
    4" elf can filter
    *air pulled through carbon filter then pushed through cool tube and vented out of tent

VEG:
    small storage cabinet
    (4) daylight cfl's
    *start seedlings and smaller plants in veg chamber, then move to flowering tent once they are big enough.

*Growing (4) Dutch Passion FEM seeds, (3) Haze Plant x Skunk #1, and the rest are bag seeds.

~Pictures in this update are before i got the tent and they are now in a different location. I will add those pictures later once i remember to grab my cord to upload them.

SO NOW FOR THE GOOD SHIT.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^Taken around Day 8

2. [​IMG]
    Blueberry Seedling

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^Smaller plants are haze x skunk1 and blueberry(in bigger pots)

3. Had to move so around end of wk 2 beginning of wk 3 i changed locations. i couldn't bring my cabinet i built so i had to tear it apart and throw it away. These next pictures are of my temporary setup before i got my new place.

*These are in an attic which temperatures dropped to 30's for a few nights in a row, seriously stunting the growth and i think affecting how may males i have right now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^blueberry and haze x skunk1

[​IMG]
    ^picture of cool tube

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^notice droopy leaves due to low temperature, but also check out pictures of the blueberry and haze x skunk and see how they aren't droopy. shows how good genetics make for tougher plants.

[​IMG]
    ^blueberry

[​IMG]
    ^haze x skunk 1

4. After those pictures i moved again into the place i am right now. I have alot of pictures but keep forgetting to go get my cord from a friend, so i can upload around 3 weeks of pictures. So stay tuned for a big ass update in the next few days.

*Right now I am 2 weeks into flowering and have 4 females along with others that haven't shown sex yet. More info when I post the pics.

Comments or Questions?!?!? Lets Hear Them!

5. Good shit man, and I heard somewhere u were a Michigan State Spartans fan :D, which is good shit as well.

Sounds like ur gettin settled in to the new place and ur gettin ready to go man, good shit - and the seedlings have a nice start so ull be flowering soon, and the fun will begin.

I think most ppl like to have their fan pull air thru the cool tube as oppose to push it. I dont know if this is a possibility for u r if u have a specific reason ur doing it the other way, but thats just an fyi, not sure if u knew that.

cool man Ill be watching.

6. good joke gonejah!

yea i talked to a guy at the hydro shop i live at these days and he said the air moves faster on the side pushing rather than the side pulling, so i figured that faster moving air would cool the bulb down better. either way it works pretty good. ill add those pictures, there are alot of them!

7. Ok so I finally uploaded the pictures! going to be a big post so i might make it into two!

Here we go...

[​IMG]
    ^new grow tent(flowering), and smaller cabinet(veg)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^carbon filter to 4" vortex fan to 6" cool tube and out

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^in flowering tent

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^in veg cabinet (4 cfl's)

[​IMG]
    ^BLUEBERRY

[​IMG]
    ^HAZE X SKUNK1

[​IMG]

HALFWAY THERE...

8. START TO FLOWERING AND SEXING!!

[​IMG]
    ^MALE :(

[​IMG]
    ^FEMALE :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^HAZE X SKUNK1

[​IMG]
    ^STARTED CHOPPING DOWN MALES

[​IMG]
    ^GROUP SHOT BEFORE CHOPPING MALES

[​IMG]
    ^GROUP SHOT AFTER MALES GONE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^TALLEST FEMALE

[​IMG]
    ^QUESTION FOR EVERYONE, HOW COME SOME OF THE LEAVES ARE FOLDING UPWARDS?

[​IMG]
    ^WK 1 OF FLOWERING

[​IMG]
    ^CLOSER UP

JOURNAL IS UP TO DATE NOW!
    *I'LL KEEP THOSE PICTURES COMING!!!!

9. Everythings looking good man, That fan on the wrong side is killin me tho, I guess its not the "WRONG" side, but I think its the less efficient side man. Might want tot check w some ppl around here, maybe the grow room design thread? Im not flaming, I just dont want u to stress ur fan and I want u to get the most out of ur setup.

Shit looks good tho, healthy.

10. :smoking:I was just wondering what kind of tent your using and how do you like it? Maybe where you got it and how much would be nice. Considering buying one but have heard mixed reviews. Yours looks nice tho, and love the set-up. I am currently in week three, and its moving right along after workin out the location and lighting kinks. But I am well on my way. Was thinking of the tent to create a perpetual harvest ya know. Built a nice veg box outta an old book shelf I had. Came out pretty nice. Them I am using a 4x3 closet for flowering. Anyway just curious which tent you had and how its working for you. I'll in tuned. Chuuuuurch!:smoking:

11. i was JUST thinking the same thing. like it should be pulling not pushing. but then realized that it doesnt matter, theres no resistance. theres no carbon filter or anythin to slow the air down so it should be able to push right out.

12. zeke907 - the tent works great and here is the link to where i got it. http://www.4hydroponics.com/grow_room/homeboxXL.asp

extracurricular - yea the only reason why im not gonna change it to the other way is because i would have to go from 4" carbon filter to 6" cool tube back to 4" vortex back to 6" exhaust. so too much back and forth. my plan is to buy 6" carbon filter and 6" vortex fan when i sell what i get from this harvest. this wa it will be 6" the whole way.

13. sounds like a plan, I feel u on all the 4" to 6", once u harvest and save money ull be able to get all the shit u need to do it the right way like we do in East Lansing :D:wave:

14. [​IMG]
    ^Group Shot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^Blueberry

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*Decided to take some clones but a few of them seem too small. I will throw some pictures up of closer images next update.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^veg cabinet and cloner

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

---COMPARISONS---

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

------

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*things are going good, new pics coming in a week or so.

15. lookin real nice man.. gl finishing up!

16. good shit man!!

Go Pistons!!!

17. im gonna subscribe to this thread, been thinkin about blueberry myself. Is it a fickle plant as in (stubborn, bitchy)? or is it an easy grow like afghans

18. Fuckin Pistons :(

19. bitch please

20. bitch please.